Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I can't access my account on my PC, but it is available on…

Customer Question
I can't access my...

I can't access my account on my PC, but it is available on my phone. I first contacted Google in February and was told someone would get back to me in 3 to 4 days. I have yet to hear from anyone.

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your phone?

I have always been able to use my phone, it's the PC that I've been locked out of.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The Smartphone Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your photos, contacts and other data.

No. What's a factory reset? I have very important medical information tied to this email address and want to ensure I don't lose it.

Technician's Assistant: The Smartphone Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

No. Thanks

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/9/2018
Email technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 1 month ago
Justin Johnson

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com! I am Justin. I am sorry for the length of time you have been waiting. With that in mind are you still in need of assistance?

Email technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 1 month ago

What account are you trying to access?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My***@******.*** account. Also, I know the password, but it doesn't work any more. I don't know if I've been locked out because of the times that I've tried to log on.
Email technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 1 month ago

What are all the things you have done to try and recover your password?

I only ask to make sure you are not having to overlap steps again that you have already done.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I've tried requesting a new password (even though I know what it is), but after answering all the questions (using my husband's yahoo account to receive answer), getting the same response of "We recently received a request to recover the Google Account***@******.***. We'll investigate your account and respond to you within a few days."
Email technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 1 month ago

What page did you do it on?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Where the prompt is for your password.
Email technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 1 month ago
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I tried there after going through the steps of not knowing my password.
Email technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 1 month ago

That is truthfully the only way to get into you account for standard gmail account.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
you're telling me I have no other options and it can't be recovered on my PC? Are there any other reasons why my account is still available on my phone, but not on my PC that I'm missing?
Email technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 1 month ago

If you can access it on your phone then the accounts proper password ***** ***** that phone. You may be able to reset it from that email account being on your phone. Are you sign into google on that device in a broswer?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry, I don't know what you mean by in a browser (I'm not very techy knowledgeable). I have a Gmail icon that I click on and my gmail account appears.
Email technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 1 month ago

Google Chrome

Email technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 1 month ago

Safari

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No.
Email technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 1 month ago

What kind of phone do you have?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Samsung 7
Email technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 1 month ago

So I have done some digging and there is a not a straight forward way to get the password ***** of the phone. I think this is just a loss. I am sorry.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks for trying.
Email technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 1 month ago

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I may get back to you with some more possibilities tomorrow.
Email technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 1 month ago

Ok

Email technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 1 month ago

I will be here/

Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson