Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I am very frustrated. Mail chimp was strongly recommended to…

Customer Question
I am very frustrated...

I am very frustrated. Mail chimp was strongly recommended to me by my church and I am trying to use it for our new organization "Friends of Holy Trinity Music School"

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

AOL

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access your email? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

On my computer

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

We have an e-mail mailing list. I bring a group from Haiti's music school each fall to the USA for a concert tour - about 35 performances. At each concert we pass a clipboard people can sign and put their email to receive information on the music school. The list is about 2,500 emails that has been developed since 2006. So I have sent out two times test e-mails from my aol account (about 50 per test) and then have extracted e-mails that no longer work (the people have changed their e-mail or no longer want to be on the list.) Then when I try and put the csv list on mail chimp it says that i am disqualified or something like that. What do I do? I am very frustrated Stephen is my name

Technician's Assistant: The Email Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I do not know enough to know what information to tell you.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Email
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Where are you ??????
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have been waiting over ten to fifteen minutes - I must be doing something wrong and have lost you ?????
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What am I doing wrong - I started at 4:30 pm and it is now 5:05 pm - ??????
3/8/2018
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 1 month ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi Stephen, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?
  2. Were you able to create a MailChimp account but the problem is copying your contacts to MailChimp?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am sorry but i was not able to wait any longerI will try again tomorrowThank youStephen
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will be waiting5:30-6:00 is the best for me - I need to watch University of Kentucky basketball gameThank youStephen

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for writing back and I am very sorry for the late reply. I am just starting my day. I will now send the formal offer for Secure Remote Assistance. Please accept it so that we can do the remote session any time.

Best regards,

Jess

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Dear Jess M,I had given up - so I just kept working at it and have accomplished having a data base of about 2,500 which passes the criteria for Mail Chimp: 1) all duplications taken out 2) all 'role' e-mail addresses taken out 3) etc.But then when I try to import my cvc file, I continue to be rejectected - the reason being stated that "Omnivore" estimates that I will have too many addresses 'bounce' or 'unsubscribe'. They want me to take out the bad emails and only have the good ones.I have sent out two e-mails to all the list (sending 50 at a time with my AOL e-mail) and about 10% came back because people changed their e-mail, stopped using e-mail, died, etc. and I have taken out all of those. But I keep getting the same messages: perhaps I am on some loop? Right now I am over the 2,000 'free' and am to be charged $30 month, which is fine for me to pay - should I pay it (or it seems to me that first I see if Mail Chimp is the best service for me to use - and then pay ????)I use a Panasonic "Toughbooks)I use Office Excel (and Word)Word says 2016I will try again with you.Please contact me - I will be available until 12:00 EDTStephen Davenport
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are you there? I use Windows on my Panasonic - but I have an I-Phone .Stephen

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for writing back and I am very sorry for the late reply. I was not able to respond to you in a timely manner because your reply notification just came to me just now. It is now March 15 and you replied March 12. But I was just notified now. Do you still need help with this problem?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please take me off this "Just Answer" program and refund me if I have been charged any money. This string of emails shows that I did not get results from this program. it is obviously not you if you receive my communications a week late and therefore cannot be of any help to me. Thanks *****

Hi Stephen,

If you are available now for remote access help, I am here available for a remote session. But if you do not want to continue, here is the link about refunding:

ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund

Thank you for using our service.

Best regards,

Jess

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist