Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I am very frustrated. Mail chimp was strongly recommended to…

Customer Question
I am very frustrated...

I am very frustrated. Mail chimp was strongly recommended to me by my church and I am trying to use it for our new organization "Friends of Holy Trinity Music School"

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

AOL

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access your email? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

On my computer

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

We have an e-mail mailing list. I bring a group from Haiti's music school each fall to the USA for a concert tour - about 35 performances. At each concert we pass a clipboard people can sign and put their email to receive information on the music school. The list is about 2,500 emails that has been developed since 2006. So I have sent out two times test e-mails from my aol account (about 50 per test) and then have extracted e-mails that no longer work (the people have changed their e-mail or no longer want to be on the list.) Then when I try and put the csv list on mail chimp it says that i am disqualified or something like that. What do I do? I am very frustrated Stephen is my name

Technician's Assistant: The Email Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I do not know enough to know what information to tell you.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Email
Where are you ??????
I have been waiting over ten to fifteen minutes - I must be doing something wrong and have lost you ?????
What am I doing wrong - I started at 4:30 pm and it is now 5:05 pm - ??????
3/8/2018
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi Stephen, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?
  2. Were you able to create a MailChimp account but the problem is copying your contacts to MailChimp?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

I am sorry but i was not able to wait any longerI will try again tomorrowThank youStephen
I will be waiting5:30-6:00 is the best for me - I need to watch University of Kentucky basketball gameThank youStephen

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for writing back and I am very sorry for the late reply. I am just starting my day. I will now send the formal offer for Secure Remote Assistance. Please accept it so that we can do the remote session any time.

Best regards,

Jess

Dear Jess M,I had given up - so I just kept working at it and have accomplished having a data base of about 2,500 which passes the criteria for Mail Chimp: 1) all duplications taken out 2) all 'role' e-mail addresses taken out 3) etc.But then when I try to import my cvc file, I continue to be rejectected - the reason being stated that "Omnivore" estimates that I will have too many addresses 'bounce' or 'unsubscribe'. They want me to take out the bad emails and only have the good ones.I have sent out two e-mails to all the list (sending 50 at a time with my AOL e-mail) and about 10% came back because people changed their e-mail, stopped using e-mail, died, etc. and I have taken out all of those. But I keep getting the same messages: perhaps I am on some loop? Right now I am over the 2,000 'free' and am to be charged $30 month, which is fine for me to pay - should I pay it (or it seems to me that first I see if Mail Chimp is the best service for me to use - and then pay ????)I use a Panasonic "Toughbooks)I use Office Excel (and Word)Word says 2016I will try again with you.Please contact me - I will be available until 12:00 EDTStephen Davenport
Are you there? I use Windows on my Panasonic - but I have an I-Phone .Stephen

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for writing back and I am very sorry for the late reply. I was not able to respond to you in a timely manner because your reply notification just came to me just now. It is now March 15 and you replied March 12. But I was just notified now. Do you still need help with this problem?

Please take me off this "Just Answer" program and refund me if I have been charged any money. This string of emails shows that I did not get results from this program. it is obviously not you if you receive my communications a week late and therefore cannot be of any help to me. Thanks *****

Hi Stephen,

If you are available now for remote access help, I am here available for a remote session. But if you do not want to continue, here is the link about refunding:

ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund

Thank you for using our service.

Best regards,

Jess