Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My computer says I have plenty of storage but gmail keeps…

Customer Question
My computer says I...

My computer says I have plenty of storage but gmail keeps saying I am out of space

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Through chrome

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I spoke with Apple and deleted a bunch of stuff. That made my computer say I was fine. How do I delete old mail efficiently

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Email
3/8/2018
Email technician: Isaac Franklin, Support Technician replied 6 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Support Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your email storage. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question."

Your gmail storage and computer storage are not the same thing.

What did you delete and the steps you took so far?

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

oxs 10.10.5
no, just tell me what to do. I don't like the bait and switch.

Ok, we are going to delete out from your gmail to get rid of this issue.

If you are seeing a remote support request. Ignore. It is automated and i am not sending that. The system is.

ok

Here you go. Follow this guide. Go into your gmail and follow each step on this storage form.

Close gmail after and reboot mac. Tell me if you have that error again.

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6374270?hl=en

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Reply with any and all errors or concerns referring to your technical issue.

Thank you,

~Franklin

Hi, can you tell me the results so we can continue or wrap this issue up for records today?