Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I am unable to receive or sent e-mails on my outlook. My…

I am unable to...

I am unable to receive or sent e-mails on my outlook. My provider is hughesnet and they say the problem is with my outlook. I keep getting a message asking for my id and my password. When I enter that, it pops back up with the same question. Can you help?

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking Outlook from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

I internet connection works ok. I am checking it from outlook.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

Don't think so. I use AVG as my antivirus.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/8/2018
Richard, Email Systems Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me the version of outlook you use please?

Thank you

Richard, Email Systems Specialist
I think its outlook 13

Thank you

Please note, these instructions are done on a computer

If you are on a windows computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.exe

Else for a Mac computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.dmg

A program will start downloading to your computer (it does not open a webpage, but the file will start downloading to your computer).

Run the program and it shows you and ID and Password.

Give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Thank you