Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Gmail keeps asking me for my password even though I only…

Customer Question
Gmail keeps asking me...

Gmail keeps asking me for my password ***** though I only sign on via my phone, office computer or home computer. Waste of time.

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

As I said, on my phone or chrome web browser on computer (home and office)

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None.. the problem is at Google end. Maybe I need to use a different email service

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Email
3/8/2018
Email technician: Sandy, Computer Specialist replied 4 months ago
Sandy
Sandy, Computer Specialist

Hello! My name is Sandy.I'm reviewing your question now. Let's get started!
Please add this page to bookmarks or favorites.

As per my experience, Gmail is the best free email service provider. Please follow the steps given below on sign on with your phone instead of password:

To start signing in with your phone, follow these steps. You'll need your phone for the setup process.

1. On your computer, go to the "Sign in & security" section of My Account. You might need to sign in to your Google Account.
  2. In the "Tired of typing passwords?" box, select Get started.
  3. Select Set it up, then sign in to your account. You'll be taken to a guided setup process.
  4. In the "Use your phone to sign in" section, choose which phone you want to use to sign in.
  5. Turn on your Android phone's security feature.
    • If there isn't a check next to "Screen lock," select Add a screen lock and follow the onscreen instructions.
  6. Choose Next.
  7. Below your username, select Next to practice how you'll sign in.
  8. On your Android phone, follow the onscreen instructions to see Google's prompt, then tap Yes.
  9. On your computer or tablet, select Turn on to finish setup.

Now whenever you sign in to your Google Account, you'll get a "Trying to sign in?" prompt sent to your phone.

Please let me know if helps or not.

I will be standing by.

Regards, Sandy