Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Oh thank God, I sent an email to my ex-wife earlier this…

Oh thank God, I...

Oh thank God, I sent an email to my ex-wife earlier this evening, and I try to understand it and just deleted it but I think it’s docent can I retract it before she opens it

Technician's Assistant: Have you checked for the lost email in your Trash and Spam folders?

Yes I just got my new iPhone yesterday I think it’s all set up but I don’t see a spam file at all and it’s not in junk or trash

Technician's Assistant: What email provider are you using (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, etc.)?

Gmail Yes I just got my new iPhone yesterday I think it’s all set up but I don’t see a spam file at all and it’s not in junk or trash

Technician's Assistant: Have you checked for your email under the All Mail tab?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

That’s it

3/8/2018
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Help!

In some company networks with their own mail servers it is possible to recall an email if the email server allows it. This is why you may see reference to this if searching online.

Unfortunately in your case it is not possible to recall an email after it has been sent. There is no time in transit and when you clicked send the email is already in the other person's inbox nearly instantaneously. So it doesn't matter if you cannot see the email on your end or you deleted from your sent folder.

I am really sorry that there is not a way to recall it completely but as I said the message is already in their inbox at this point so it is out of your accounts control. It is the same thing as if you left a voicemail for someone. You would need access to their phone to delete it.

The only thing I can suggest is you attempt to “bury” the mail you do not want them to see. You do this by sending at least 10 or 15 emails to the person with the same subject which will push down the email you don’t want them to see. Then send them an email saying your computer went crazy and they should just delete those emails. Hopefully they will never view it.

I am sorry about that but it is the truth and there is no way to recall the message.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for providing you a quick answer! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Chris L., Support Specialist
That’s all right I just hate sounding overly confident, make sure you wierd things

I understand. If you really do not want her to see it I would just send a bunch of blank emails with the same subject if possible and then one final email that says your email had a glitch it was just sending these out and if your lucky she will not scroll to the original email and open it.