Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I have just got the iPhone 8 & used icloud for the first…

I have just got...

I have just got the iPhone 8 & used icloud for the first time to download all my settings from my old phone. So far, I have got everything but I am now getting all my old deleted emails. I have been deleting them but I then get another batch of 500+. Is there some way I can stop this download of old deleted emails?

Technician's Assistant: Have you checked for the lost email in your Trash and Spam folders?

Sorry, i dont understand. These are old emails from last year & I dare say may go back even further. They are now arriving in my inbox.

Technician's Assistant: What email provider are you using (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, etc.)?

Bigpond

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks - just this.

3/8/2018
Richard, Email Systems Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

If you delete them from the server then it will not download them, but you need to do this before adding the account to the phone

If you go to your email account on my link below

https://signon.telstra.com.au/login?goto=http%3A%2F%2Femail.telstra.com%3A443%2Fwebmail%2Findex-rui.jsp%3Fv%3D1466129841743

You can sign into your account there and then you delete the emails.

Then you remove the account on the iPhone, add it back again and once done it will not delete the ones you deleted from the account.

Let me know how you go please

Thank you

Richard, Email Systems Specialist