Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

After staying at multiple hotels while driving from east…

After staying at multiple...

After staying at multiple hotels while driving from east coast to CA, our "visitor" wifi worked fine. Upon arriving at our hotel, we cannot send or receive. We went through all the proper channels at the hotel, it works fine at Starbucks, please help?

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your router?

I do not know since it belongs to the hotel. Should I hunt them down and confiscate their router?

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Everything we can think of. On the phone with our provider (Spectrum) and checked every setting, network and email. Spent 3 hours in hotel manager's office on the phone with a "tech wizard" who used to work here.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

No. Not that I can think of.

Tech - cannot receive emails.Please respond vis phone? ***********

3/8/2018
hongkongpom

Hello can other people send/receive email at this hotel do you know?

As far as we know, yes. Our provider is Spectrum, not sure what others' have. Likely not Spectrum.
Mike Taylor
Mike Taylor, Lead Technician and Owner

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue

Have you already restarted your computer to see if that helps?

several times.

Can you confirm that this is not an email only issue?

Are you able to get to websites just fine?

We cannot send or receive emails. Internet is OK other than email.

Ahh ok that simplifies things alot

How do you get emails? Browser or outlook?

Outlook, webmail is not working either.

DO you want me to remote in to your computer? I can likely help you fix this in 5 mins flat

We have narrowed it down to something at the hotel blocking data.

I doubt it very much, otherwise nobody in the hotel could get emails and its a specific block so it would have to have been done on purpose which is doubtful also

Mike Taylor
Mike Taylor, Lead Technician and Owner

Please click HERE download and run the software and enter code 92723