Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I am getting hundreds and hundreds of junk e-mail that

Customer Question
I am getting hundreds...

I am getting hundreds and hundreds of junk e-mail that started about 2 hours ago

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

G-mail

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Mac and my I-phone

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I changed my Apple ID and cleared my history

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Email
3/8/2018
Email technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 4 months ago
Justin Johnson

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question about gmail. I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Do you have a junk folder in your gmail?

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

the junk folder is full of unwanted junk e-mail as well
Email technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 4 months ago

This is not going to be fun, but if you continue to put the junk that is coming to you into that folder your email will learn what is and is not junk. When my former company switched to google we lost our spam filter and we had a lot of this go on. It will subside as long as you continue to place junk in the junk folder. Do not delete what is in the junk folder though as it may hinder the process. Does that all make sense?

Email technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 4 months ago

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!

There have been almost a thousand e- mails in my inbox in the last 2 hours and it won't stop . How do I stop it? Do I change my e- mail. If I remotely connect can you stop it ?
Email technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 4 months ago

With remote support I believe I can remedy the issue.