Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I've forgotten password (or 4-digit number) for logging into…

Customer Question
I've forgotten password (or...

I've forgotten password (or 4-digit number) for logging into my microsoft acct.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

Yes (or can be---on this computer, not on the problem pc. Both computers use Windows 10)

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Yes (but I can't sign in to use them)

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Only that the Windows on both laptop computers was bought from Lenovo

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Email
3/7/2018
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you trying to login to your Microsoft account to manage your subscription?
  2. Or are you saying that you are no longer able to use your Lenovo computers because you CANNOT login?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

I can't use the Lenovo Thinkpad because I can't login. I'm using this Ideapad 510S because I CAN login.
Before I pay you, tell me how you can manage my Thinkpad remotely if it does nothing but power up? Do you mean to go into the startup options by pressing the F2 key? I've already tried that. And the Windows logo key does not respond at all, even when I tried to restart the Thinkpad; had to shut it down by holding the power button.

When you turn on the problem laptop, what happens? At what point are you stuck? Is it in the login screen?

If yes, is it asking for a password ***** w PIN?

it asks for my PIN---or for my microsoft acct. ID/password ***** I've long ago changed many times (it doesn't recognize my current acct.)

The Microsoft account that it is asking for is ONLY the Microsoft account that you used on that computer.

Can you please tell me the email address that you could have used to create an account on that computer? From that email address I can check if it is a valid Microsoft account or not.