Jeevan DSouza
Jeevan DSouza,
Experience:  Professor at DeVry University
101786148

I have only been on Gmail for a few months. The problem I am

Customer Question

Hi! I have only been on Gmail for a few months. The problem I am having with my email account is that the emails disappear after about one month. Even when I move my emails to a folder that I set up they are disappearing. I have lost a lot of information I cannot get back. Why is this happening?
JA: How's your internet connection? Are you checking Gmail from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?
Customer: I have internet connection with primus which seems to work OK. I am checking email from my browser.
JA: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?
Customer: I have Norton. I have no problem receiving emails just keeping them after a month.
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Email
Expert:  Jeevan DSouza replied 8 months ago.

If you delete an email, it stays in your Trash for 30 days. After 30 days, emails are permanently deleted from the trash.

There's only one copy of every Gmail email. If you deleted an email from one place, like a label or a device, it is deleted from Gmail entirely.

Gmail groups all replies to an original email together in a single conversation. When you click or tap delete, the entire conversation is deleted, including the original email and any replies.

If this solves your problem please give me a 5-star rating!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The problem is not with me deleted emails. It is with the active emails in my inbox and folders. They are disappearing on me.

If most of your emails are missing, someone might have unauthorized access to your account and they could be deleting your emails.

If you think someone might have access to your account, follow these steps:

Change your password *****
Report the problem to Gmail. It might be possible to recover your deleted emails. If you're using Gmail through your work, school, or other organization, contact your admin.
If your contacts were also deleted, learn how to recover your contacts.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am retired and at home. No one else has access to my emails. I am in the process of reporting the problem to Gmail right now. Hopefully you can recover my lost emails. Again, I an not concerned about deleted emails. My contacts are not deleted.

Did you search in all other folders? Sometimes emails get moved if you forward them, respond to them star them or archive them

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have checked all my folders. They are not there, but information in my folders is missing after one month as well.

Did you search by typing in the search box on the top and clicking on each folder?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I don't have to type on a search box just click on the folder to open it.

You might want to try search for emails to see where they got moved. Gmail does move emails around

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The emails are gone - I would not know where to look. Thank you any way.

Your welcome! Please give me a 5-star rating if you are happy with my input!