Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My girlfriend transferred her email to my gmail account when…

Customer Question
My girlfriend transferred her...

My girlfriend transferred her email to my gmail account when we took a weekend trip, now we can't get it moved back to her phone Do you have any ideas?.

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking Gmail from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

From a browser

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I have deleted her email from my Google account and from my gmail account but it won't let her sign in on her phone

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Email
3/7/2018
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 5 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Is she trying to access her Gmail using a web browser?
  2. Or using the Mail app?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

She is trying with the gmail app

Ah ok. First, please ask her to access her Gmail in the browser. Then a setting needs to be turned ON there for the Gmail app to work.

She never turned it off.

No. It is not the phone that is ON or OFF. I am referring to a setting in her Gmail that is only accessible in the web browser, NOT in the Gmail app.

Please ask her to sign in to her Gmail using a web browser then tell me when it is done.

Got it.

Is she logged in now using the browser?

She has tried too many times and has now locked herself out

So you are saying that she cannot access it even in the web browser, which means, the password ***** is using could be INCORRECT?

She locked it up while i while i was talking to you
It is saying access denied

We can proceed with this after 24 hours when the lock is removed.

Ok Jess, i contact you tomorrow.

Thank you.