Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I have problem with my father gmail account. Web browser,

I have problem with...

I have problem with my father gmail account

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Web browser, but he open the account and put his cell number only as back up and now he lost his phone

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

He does not use different email , no even secret question, so I do not know what to do

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

He is very old man, and we need his account open because very importan document from immigration office is in there

3/7/2018
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Support Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your fathers email. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question."

Google/gmail are free accounts. Policy requires that users keep current back up methods in place to gain access to the

accounts as there are not 'people' who monitor them to let users in if locked out of free accounts. Its a 'computer program'.

There are a couple of ways around this. If he used that gmail and logged in automatically, you may be able to 'reveal' that password ***** see what it is depending on what browser he used.

"browser"

What browser are you using? firefox/chrome/safari/internet explorer/edge?

Firefox is blue with orange fox wrapped around a globe.

Chrome is red/green/yellow with a blue dot in the middle of a circle.

Edge is a dark blue small e.

Internet explorer is a small light blue e."

my fathers email is***@******.***
it is lock, please unlock his email
let me know the new password
are you there?

Yes, i am here. Did you get my questions and response?

"browser"

Edge is a dark blue small e.

mozilla
it is not automatically login. we need to login with his password. but now it is not working.
hellooo

The only recovery on that gmail is a number ending in 02.

You may have to go through and try to 'reveal' the password ***** see if it is stored there.

Use this link and follow REVIEWING AND DELETING PASSWORDS. I am here, but i need time to reply

and get your links.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/password-manager-remember-delete-change-and-import#w_viewing-and-deleting-passwords

I can give to you his number, but hi lost his phone
75146202
I can change his password ***** if I get into. Please tray, his password ***** 12345678

That will not help us if he cannot get the code to the phone. You have one of two options here.

You can use what i sent you to try and reveal it or go get a burner phone or free one from his carrier

and activate it long enough to get a code and then turn the phone back in to keep your costs down.

These are the only two options you have as that password ***** working, and it is the only recovery he put in place.

and get your links.

I am required to send this, even though we are not done. Please understand i can only go by google rules,

but those two things should get you in.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Reply with any and all errors or concerns referring to your technical issue.

Thank you,

~Franklin

thank you.

You are very welcome. Please reply back with results when done. I will be in the office for a bit longer this evening

to try to help you finish up.

Franklin

Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Support Technician

Hi, can you please let me know if you need anything else on this issue so i can close out for my records or further assist you?