Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I created my account years ago. I was going into it everyday…

Customer Question
I created my account...

I created my account years ago. I was going into it everyday and then went away for a month and didn't check my account. When I got back I went to go into my gmail account and it is now asking for a password. I do not remember my password. Don't have a clue. It was never changed and I made that password ***** ago. I tried following the directions to recover my account and still won't let me get in. Any help available?

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?

No just my laptop.

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I dont know how to get to those questions or phone numbers.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No just need help with this.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Email
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This website said I should have an answer within 8 minutes. Been waiting much longer than that.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/6/2018
Email technician: Isaac Franklin, Support Technician replied 1 month ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Support Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your email. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question."

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

What email are you trying to get back?

How do you usually access your email? Email client such as windows live, (built in email app

on the computer itself that looks like an envelope) Thunderbird? Using a regular browser such

as Firefox/Internet Explorer/Chrome etc?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not really sure about the computer. Not a Mac. It's a HP with windows. I usually just go to google and get gmail from there and it would automatically pop up because I am the only one using gmail. I am totally not computer literate so these questions are hard for me.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Trying to retrieve***@******.***

You only have mothers maiden name as a security question for this email. Have you tried online recovery yet?

If not, that is ok. If you have it 'saved' where it auto logged in, we may be able to 'reveal' that password *****

of recovery.

What browser did you use for this account and how did you spell the maiden name caps and all when making account?

What password ***** you 'think' it was before?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What is a browser? I spelled in one of 2 ways. Berthiaume or berthiaume. Can't even guess at the password. Maybe Chriskev7175 or chriskev7175. Only a guess.

"browser"

What browser are you using? firefox/chrome/safari/internet explorer/edge?

Firefox is blue with orange fox wrapped around a globe.

Chrome is red/green/yellow with a blue dot in the middle of a circle.

Edge is a dark blue small e.

Internet explorer is a small light blue e."

Those are browsers. Give me just a moment to check the info you gave me.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I think it is chrome.

No, those wont work. We may need to try your browser.

Review this link.

It must be on the computer he used and it should be stored there. You will see something like GOOGLE.COM out to the left and his email to the right for the right one to reveal that password.

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95606?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what are you asking me to do?

Follow the instructions on that link and see if it is in there to use.

Many times even if you cannot recover, you can 'see' it in a browser.

I am required to send this with partial answers when given, but i will be with you until we find a final resolution for you.

Let me know results when done with previous instructions.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Reply with any and all errors or concerns referring to your technical issue.

Thank you,

~Franklin

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have always said no to saving my password. So what should I do?

Then there is no way to recover this account as it is free and it isnt a person that monitors letting you in.

Its a computer program. Google policy will tell you to create another account if you did not put in current back

up and none of those answers are working. It is not even prompting a recovery form.

I can send you to customer service for a refund if you prefer. That is all we can do. Im am terribly sorry, and i can

only go by the tools/rules Google allows me to as a tech.

You can go here for a refund or call customer service if you decide to discontinue.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0

Franklin

Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Support Technician