Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Cant sign or get recover password ... for a week. It is on…

Cant sign or get...

Cant sign or get recover password ***** for a week

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

It is on my home PC ( I am at work now) I was activating a new Google Pixel 2 XL last week -- something went wrong-- help! ( thank you )

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Yes, and when I put them in it either says too many attempts, or "Google cant verify me as account owner" I have had the same phone number for 20+ years, same recovery email forever too. Sometimes it errors by asking when did you set up the account

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Not really, other than I have tried every path possible over the past week, to no avail -- I need the account access back.

3/6/2018
Kris Rodgers
Kris Rodgers, IT Manager

Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
Can you let me know when you're ready to look at this and we will make a start.

Maybe 730p

Hi

What password ***** you looking to recover?

Thanks

Kris

OK - I assume you have been through the automated google reset portal?

I have done account recovery to no avail

Ok - I'm afraid there is nothing you can do at the moment using the autowizard. This happens to a lot of people. Not to worry through...

What you need to do is create a new google account and use this account to post on the google forums. This will allow you to speak to the moderators about your old account you do not have access too.

People will tell you otherwise but Google are very strict on account recovery. Once you have created you new temporary account post in these forums: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/gmail

Thanks and good luck

Note: Can you please rate me at the top of the just answer post so I am credited with my time, 5/5 gives me most credit and would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Kris Rodgers
Kris Rodgers, IT Manager