Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Trying to transfer calendar from old MSN calendar to Outlook…

Customer Question
Trying to transfer calendar...

Trying to transfer calendar from old MSN calendar to Outlook 2016. Problem is that since I installed Outlook I cannot get back to old calendar in order to transfer. Outlook seeks ics file but I have no way of obtaining since I can no longer view the old calendar. When I go to the old MSN site, I can still retrieve emails I sent to Outlook but when I click on "calendar" I get the Outlook page.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Outlook account on any other devices?

Yes, Outlook

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Just to understand that my main issue is that I cannot retrieve the file from the old MSN calendar in order to transfer to Outlook.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Email
3/6/2018
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 4 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
Can you please first clarify what old and new calendar mean?
OLD: This is the MSN.com website in which I purchased the browser. This must have been 5-8 years ago or more. The browser included email and calendar. The calendar has all my dates, etc for the last 2 years but I cannot access.
NEW: Trying to transfer from the "old" to Outlook 2016. My OS is Windows 8.1, 64. See attached file-should give you info re "old".

Thanks for your clarification. I believe you are actually referring to a migration from Windows Vista to Windows 8.1 and you intend to access what you have with your MSN email account using Outlook 2016. You can do that.

But, there is one thing I need to clarify further. Are you talking about a single computer upgraded from Vista to Windows 8, or two computers running Vista and 8 respectively?

We are referring to only 1 computer. I did not use Vista. The Windows OS I used were, in progression: 3.1, 95, 98, XP, 7, and 8.1.

Okay, if not Vista, then it must be XP. Thanks for your clarification.

Any progress?
No.
Just tell me what to do.
Can't be that difficult.
Thanks

Can you please upload a screenshot showing the exact error message for review? Thanks.

There is no screenshot in this issue. As I have explained, I cannot retrieve the calendar which was in my OLD msn.
When I try to get calendar from my email MSN accounts (eg.***@******.***), I get the Outlook calendar but WITH NO DATS ENTERED. The MSN calendar had all my data.

> get the Outlook calendar but WITH NO DATS ENTERED. The MSN calendar had all my data.

If so, a remote session is recommended so I can determine the issue directly on your computer and figure out what to do accordingly. Can you please request it from your side? Thanks.

I have made a screenshot of the calendar I am using on MSN. This is the calendar I am trying to transfer to Outlook and Google.
Does this help?

Did you upload the screenshot? I can't see it here. Please upload. Thanks.

Did you get the calendar screenshot

I got the screenshots. Thanks.

Do you mean you have log in using the SAME MSN address from Outlook 2016 but you can't see same calendar items there. Again, are you sure you use the SAME address with Outlook 2016?

BTW, I did reply when I received the screenshots yesterday, but for some reasons my reply was gone. :(