Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Thunderbird has been fine for years, but lately it will only…

Customer Question
Thunderbird has been fine...

Thunderbird has been fine for years, but lately it will only send email once in a while. Usually it says it is connected, but times out without sending. I installed Avast antivirus last year, but the failure to send is much more recent than that.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?

Windows ten

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your AntiVirus?

It does it automatically--don't know

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Email
3/6/2018
Email technician: Jason Jones, Computer Technician replied 4 months ago
Jason Jones, Computer Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer.com. My name is***** give me a minute or two to look over your case. If there are any more details that you wish to give me regarding your case, type them in the box below and click the 'reply to expert' button.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt. The remote service is guaranteed to to help and fix your problem.

Thank you,
Jason

May I ask how many email accounts you have setup in the Thunderbird application?

just one

Thank you for responding. When you do attempt to send an email and it fails, are you given any type of error message or does it simply not work?

Only a message when it times out

And that message is that it "Times Out"?

I think after a minute or so

Thank you for responding. May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? When the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate back and forth via a chat window that will appear on your computer screen.

Don't think so, thanks anyway. I thought I was connecting to Mozilla, and this is a surprise.
Let's call it a day and I'll move on.

This website is JustAnswer.com

Do you want me to send in a refund request for you?

Sure, thanks

Thank you