Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

There's a problem with my FB account. However, there's

There's a problem with...

There's a problem with my FB account.However, there's several things you need to know before you can help me.I created a new FB account because I thought messenger was receiving malware. This probably wasn't the case, but nevertheless the new account created a new problem. When, I created the new FB account I had to create a NEW eMail address. FB doesn’t accept my old eMail address for my new FB account.I receive eMail of a FB post via my eMail program. When I click on the link in the post, it opens up FaceBook. (I can, of course, open the FB applicaton and see the posts.) The eMail FB posts also link to my iPhone.These are new FB friends or old FB friends who re-friended me. But other old FB friends will not open up FB. I think because they somehow got dropped or not seen as my FB friends.But even with my new and old FB friends, opening up FB is a little strange. It takes me though some links from my old account to my new account - or something like that and it is bothersome and confusing.I also have to open up my web mail account via the Internet/Safari in order to access the new eMail file folder.I can't connect my "old" FB friends to my new account EXCEPT if I'm able to friend them again. This proves difficult because I can’t contact them.Does this make sense?I’d rather just have my old account back with my old eMail address.Is there anyway to solve this problem?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your Facebook?

How do you "update FB?

Technician's Assistant: The Software Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

3/6/2018
Pete, Computer Expert

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

You can merge both Facebook accounts.

To do this, see:

https://en-gb.facebook.com/help/203498356357867?helpref=faq_content

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------

I received the information.FaceBook: "Since it goes against our Community Standards to maintain more than one personal account, we don't have a way to merge multiple accounts. However, you can manually switch to one account and keep the information that's important to you." This doesn't make a whole lot of sense. FB says they can only maintain one personal account. OK. But then FB says "it has no way to merge multiple accounts". I thought FB just said it can't have more than one personal account. How can you not merge multiple accounts when it maintains only one anyway.In another place, FB says to download my information from the account(s?) that I want to delete. I did download my files, but it is from the account I wish to keep. Where is my "other" account?I just don't get this. If I get to the point I can add the information to the account I want to keep, how do I do this? In other words, I have a file folder on my desktop: facebook-100024271961288. How do I get this into my FB account.The account I downloaded information from is the new one I created. I don't want to delete this account - but I don't like the eMail address to it because I have to open up my email in Earthlink on the web. I want all my eMail to come to my computer mail application.Ron
Many ..... "in a few minutes" ...... have elapsed.
Has everyone gone home?

Did you follow the steps in the link I posted previously?

I tried, but didn't understand. Did you see my recent post?
I've been waiting since 5pm or so for the "Secure Remote Assistance request".

Sorry for any delay, I see no other expert has picked up the request whilst I was offline, and I am mobile right now.

Is it possible to schedule a specific time tomorrow? I'm available any time between 10am and 4pm.

Yes, what time zone are you in?

Central

Ok, we can do 11am tomorrow morning.

I will be here.

ok

Pete, Computer Expert
I am ready for our 11am appointment.
Anybody home? I'm waiting for the 11am appointment.
Still waiting after over one half hour now.
I noticed there's eMail responses in my suspect email account on line with Earthlink. Are you trying to reach me? How about a call at(###) ###-####.....?
I just thought someone was going to "remotely" assist me as was suggested above. I guess if this is not possible, maybe I can find some help somewhere else.
OK
34;Momentarily"? Does this mean today, tomorrow, sometime next month? I've been waiting here since 11am.

Another expert picked up your remote assistance request before I came online this morning. Have they been in touch with you yet?

Would I be saying that I've been sitting here by my computer since 11am?NO. No one has been in touch with me!
34;The Email technician has confirmed your request for a Secure Remote Assistance and will connect to your device momentarily."This line is on this page in green - "momentarily" - since 11am.

Another expert took up the request before I came online, and they have received payment for it.

If the money described above is the $5.00 for the first initial "service", you can keep it. But, I want my money back if you're charging me for the "Premium Service" Offer: Secure Remote Assistance. This never happened. It was certainly not "Premium Service" by any stretch of the imagination.I've been waiting all day for someone to "connect" with my device "MOMENTARILY". I was suppose to have an appointment have 11am this morning. I've been sitting by my computer all day - waiting. It is now 5:25pm.Pete. Maybe "Another expert took up the request before I came online, and they have received payment for it"., but nevertheless, I wasn't helped by you nor anyone else. I have no clue as to what to do. I explained the problem and you sent me some instructions, of sorts, which were actually FaceBook information - which still didn't help.I'm sorry, but unless I hear from someone by Friday (I won't be home tomorrow.) I will be forced to rate you one star for the little bit of help you gave me. I did download my data from FaceBook. This was a help, I guess. But I don't have any idea what I'm suppose to do with the data.Is this some kind of SCAM operation?

I will ask admin to look into this for you.