Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I wish to add an attachment to a Mail email, but it is

Hi, I wish to...

Hi, I wish to add an attachment to a Mail email, but it is blocked because it did not come from the app store. It is from a site i trust, WBUR website in Boston. How do I get that released?

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

It is mail through safari but it does security protection through google browser and blocks unidentified sites.

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access your email? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Using MacBook Pro.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None. I don't know any.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I'd simply like to release the attachment from the WBUR website to go with my email.

Why is it taking so much longer than the 8 minutes you estimated?
3/3/2018
Kamil Anwar, Exchange & Email Consultant

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.

My name is ***** ***** i will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble.

So you're not able to download the file to attach it correct?

Tell me what to do

What format is the file?

There should be a small option to keep the file anyway.

If Chrome isn't allowing you to download that file, try Safari.

OR you can open Chrome with this syntax through the terminal to disable the security features:

open -a Google\ Chrome --args --disable-web-security -–allow-file-access-from-files

How do i "open - Google\chrome --agrs --disable etc
No, do not connect. tell me what to do.

OR you can open Chrome with this syntax through the terminal to disable the security features.

^ see my response above, this has to be done through terminal

Terminal is a utility, please Google how to use Terminal since i cannot explain how to use it here as it is going to be very detailed.

Thanks. I'll try again later. Please disconnect.

You can close this page to disconnect.