Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I want to delete email on Mobil with out deleting them from…

I want to delete...

I want to delete email on Mobil with out deleting them from other device

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Gmail

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

On deal too or iPad or Mobil when out of house

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Verizon had email option the not felted off server butcannot find it on gmail

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/1/2018
Mike Taylor
Mike Taylor, Lead Technician and Owner

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue today

You want to delete your mailbox from your phone? is that correct

No just an individual e mail from one of the possible access devices

Where is this email located that you wish to delete?

I am not sure you understood my isdue

It depends how you have your email setup on your devices.. If they are setup as IMAP they will all sync with the server, if setup as POP then they wont sync with the server...

Please provide details as so far too vague

My wife does not delete messages on the device she normally used l don't keep emails on my phone but presently if I delete the email on my phone it deleted the email off of all devices verizon allowed us to do that on their system which I'd now going away

Ok so you want to be able to delete an email WITHOUT deleting from the server correct?

I believe it is set as pop

If you are set to POP then you are already setup to NOT delete from the server..

ONLY IMAP setup will sync all devices....

You would need to go into each device and look at the settings as it will tell you the configuration and HOW it is setup

I know the phones are in the set up and assume the I pad is also as in the past it worked as wanted but will check the desk top
I assume therrvis no more to gain here thanks for you input

Your very welcome and if you need help checking the settings just let me know

POP - DOES NOT delete from server

IMAP - DOES delete from server

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for my time today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today otherwise I wont be paid from your already made deposit for helping you. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know and ill be happy to help you more

Mike Taylor
Mike Taylor, Lead Technician and Owner