Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Last week there was an issue where my email stopped being…

Last week there was...

Last week there was an issue where my email stopped being linked on phone so I went to re log into it and couldn’t remember password ***** the 2 numbers linked to it was mine and my husbands old number. How do I get into it? This is our business email account and NEED access to the email account.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

No

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

It never gave me a security question to answer as an option and the phone numbers listed are old.

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/1/2018
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

What's the email address in the question please?

Okay, two approaches:

1. Find out the two numbers anyway, especially if any of the given numbers can be accessible in any way. You may find out full numbers from your bills, old address book or even your friends' address book.

2. Find out saved password ***** somewhere on the devices you used before. Please advise when was your last successful access to the account? On which device? Using what program?

Thanks.

I know the phone numbers.(###) ###-####and(###) ###-####but we changed our numbers so if they send a temporary password ***** those numbers I wouldn’t get them. Also, I don’t write down passwords. The last time I was logged in was on my iPhone last Friday.

> The last time I was logged in was on my iPhone last Friday.

Via web using Safari? Or using Mail app of iOS?

I am not tech savvy at all. Lol It’s a little white envelope icon on the bottom column of my phone.

> It’s a little white envelope icon on the bottom column of my phone.

It's built-in Mail app of iOS.

When I click on it it says cannot get mail. The connection to the server failed.

It's too difficult now, to be honest.

Ok
Richard, Email Systems Specialist

Hi there and welcome, I am Richard a different expert here.

Can you try to call the numbers still linked to the accounts?

Does anyone answer the calls?

Please let me know

I tried to switch back to my old number and Verizon said someone has it

yes, can you please

try to call the numbers still linked to the accounts?

Does anyone answer the calls?

Please let me know

I can’t call this late but Verizon said someone has the number

Ok, what you need to do is first call the number and explain to the person that picks up about your issue. Explain they will need to tell you the code they receive.

Then go through the reset procedure again and this time when the code is sent call them and ask them for the code then you can use this to reset the password.

But this is what you will need to do to regain access to your account.

Ok thanks

You are welcome and if you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit

Thank you

Richard, Email Systems Specialist