Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Suddenly I can't access Yahoo email contacts on any of my…

Suddenly I can't access...

Suddenly I can't access Yahoo email contacts on any of my Yahoo accounts - every time I try I get a "technical error -99999" message.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Yahoo account on any other devices?

No, I only ever use email from my PC

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Logging in isn't the problem, the problem is with getting into my contact list on the account.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Can't think of anything else, yeah, trying to sort out whatever glitch in Yahoo is stopping me accessing my contact list within any email account there.

2/28/2018
Martin, Network Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don't miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

When did the problem start?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I tried to access the contact list on one of my Yahoo accounts within the last 15 minutes and was stopped by that "Error code: -99999" message. Not sure when it might have begun, but I haven't had that problem until today.Have tried through other Yahoo accounts and other browsers with the exact same result.

Which browser are you using?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I've tried Google Chrome and Firefox.

Can you sign out from all browsers, clear your cookies/history then try again?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have CCleaner which automatically clears my browser history etc. each time I close any given browser.

Ah, CCleaner causes more problems than it solves sometimes

Please log out of all browsers, clear them manually, then try logging in again. If that does not work, do the same thing but wait 30 minutes before you log back in. Let me know what happens.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Suddenly it's working btw. I refreshed on Chrome & could access the contact list. Guessing Yahoo's fixed whatever glitch this was....

Yep.. it's usually what happens. I would also recommend if you're going to use CCleaner not to use the registry cleaning options

If you have any problems or would like any additional assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
.

And if you could take a moment to rate my service by selecting one of the 5 stars at the top it would be greatly appreciated.

Remember you can always come back to this page if you need more help with this issue (without extra charge).

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Oh damn... apparently not! Refreshed again & the error code is back :(

Does the same thing happen in an incognito window?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Just testing. Apparently there are plenty of others having the same problem around the world tonight by the way - saw that when I checked on this page - http://downdetector.com/status/yahoo-mail/map/

Yes - the problem will usually resolve itself but the recommended solution is to log out of the account on all browsers, clear your cookies/history and wait 30 minutes before you log back in

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Same thing happened when I tried via the incognito window by the way. Same error code.

Ok, give it 30 minutes and then try it again. It's late in Australia is it not?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Yeah - thankfully at least I was able to somehow get the list to show when I selected "print all" anyway, not sure why, but I've saved the printable list in an HTML file now.

Ahh, that's good.

If you have a program like Thunderbird you might be able to bypass this issue as it is HTTP related and Thunderbird would use the POP or IMAP server instead.

Please remember to leave some feedback at the top of the page before you leave so my time working with you is recognized.

Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I use Yahoo to export my Facebook contacts, and apparently that only works with Yahoo Mail, so sadly, Thunderbird isn't an option for that.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Yeah, I don't think Yahoo lets people export Facebook contacts that way though, some sort of special arrangement they have with FB.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not able to directly export from Yahoo to Thunderbird, for instance.

You export from Yahoo to a csv file, then import it into Thunderbird

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ah OK, yeah, I'll give that a go :)

Great :)

I'll be here if you forgot to ask me anything regarding this issue.

Martin, Network Engineer
Martin, Network Engineer