Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Can't access my email. I'm logged in to Google, which is my…

Can't access my email. ...

Can't access my email.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

I'm logged in to Google, which is my server. But, when I attempt to get my Yahoo email---nothing.

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I've already reset my password ***** given my new phone number---and nothing!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No. I want my emails.

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
2/19/2018
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

> I'm logged in to Google, which is my server. But, when I attempt to get my Yahoo email---nothing.

Got confused about the above description. Do you mean you can access Gmail messages but not Yahoo messages? Via web only or using an email program? Please clarify. Thanks.

bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
I don't receive gmail messages. My emails are with Yahoo, hence my my email address is***@******.***. At present I'm suddenly not getting my emails through Yahoo, my only email source.
Given the problem with accessing my Yahoo addressed emails does it make sense to switch to to gmail for my emails henceforth?

Thanks for requesting remote assistance services. Please let me know what kind of computer you are using for the remote session, such as Windows PC or Mac?

Where are we now?
Windows PC
Windows PC. There are many inputs to follow from your end. Thus, where are we now in your attempt to fix the problem?
Above this is an indication that I have rated 5 stars. I haven't rated since you haven't completed then task I requested. Where are you with the task requested?

Sorry for the delay, I was driving just now. I am preparing the link for you at the moment.

Please click HERE from your Windows PC to start a remote desktop session with me. Thanks.

Are you still here please?

I'm still here? Where are you with fixing the problem and responding to my questions?

I was driving to bring my kid home. Now I am waiting for your connection....

Anything I need to do on my end? Or, are you good to go? And did you get my question about either switching to gmail or, at least, adding a gmail address?

Sure. ready to go and waiting for your connection. Please click HERE from your Windows computer to start.

A kind reminder. Please do NOT click the link from your non-Windows device such as your phone as it doesn't make sense at all. The link is for your Windows computer, please click the link from there. Thanks.

I have clicked from my PC. I don't have one of those phones, anyway. Are we good to go?
I clicked I Agree then I clicked the Download which took me to Elsinore, then nothing else happened.Is the secure connect program enabled?

Once you downloaded, you need to run (double-click) the downloaded program. Windows will show a prompt asking you if you allow the program to make a few changes on the computer. You need to allow the changes. Once done that, I can see your screen.

If you do still have issue to connect, please provide your phone number in Contact Info area, I can call you to assist. Thanks.

It's not working for me. I'm not able to download once it goes to Elsinore etc. I'm not getting the prompts you're mentioning.
Phone number(###) ###-####

okay. 5 mins

Please download QuickSupport software from below link on your Windows XP, then advise the TeamViewer ID and password ***** downloaded and installed.

http://download.teamviewer.com/download/version_10x/TeamViewerQS.exe

ID 611 609 757 Password *****

Thanks. I am connecting but the password ***** ***** correct. Please advise the new one.

Password *****

You are not running the software at the moment. You have re-run it and provide your password *****

What do you mean by running the software?

All done. Yahoo email and new Gmail were configured to use Chrome by default and both mailbox were working well during the remote session.