Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Starting 4 days ago attached videos in my Gmail will not…

Starting 4 days ago...

Starting 4 days ago attached videos in my Gmail will not play the video portion of the attachment.. the audio portion is there. Also, at the same time, some attachments will not open with a double click. I am having to right click and open in an incogniyo window. I do not recall changing any settings.

Technician's Assistant: How large is the Videos you're trying to attach?

I don't know, but the same attachment had opened earlier.

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages when you try to attach your Videos file or send an email?

No

2/19/2018
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

Please check if the video is just a link embedded in the email or an attachment with the email? Please double check. Thanks.

the videos that will not open are embedded

Then that's the reason. The linked media resource is not control by you, so if the link's owner changed anything (such as removed the media or changed the location) at their side, you won't be replay the video from your side.

If you like, please paste the full link here and let me determine if you find a way to work around it. Thanks.

bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
This is the link I am clicking on within the email. When I received this email last week it, and all email attachments, were working. Now they are not.
This new laundry detergent alternative saves you $ while protecting your body & the environment from harmful chemicals

Thanks for requesting remote assistance services. Please let me know what kind of computer you are using for the remote session, such as Windows PC or Mac?

I have an HP Pavilion PC running Windows 10

Please click HERE from your Windows 10 to start a remote desktop session with me. Thanks.

Hello, I am back online. Are you still here with me?

Can you remote in again and Let me show you the event I am talking about.

Sure. Can you log in? I notice your screen is locked.

How do I log in?

Your number in Contact Info please? I can call you on my cost.

Good time to talk again?

Right now I cannot play any videos from any source.

All done. All test media types could be replayed using Windows 10 Edge browser during the remote session.