Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My Iphone and Ipad can't download my email. Says connection…

My Iphone and Ipad...

My Iphone and Ipad can't download my email. Says connection to server failed. I still can access on my computer and laptop

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I haven't in awhile

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Not oo tech savy here where do i find that?

2/17/2018
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Support Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your email. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question."

ok

What email are you trying to get back? gmail/outlook/yahoo etc?

How do you usually access your email? Email client such as built in email app?
Using a regular browser such as Sarfari/Firefox/Internet Explorer/Chrome etc?

I'm trying to get my yahoo email on my phone. It says it cannot connect with server as of 6:50 am. I can get it it on my laptop and my computer. On my computer I use Firefox

Ok, what type of phone do you have, iphone or android?

iPhone 6s

I have a way around this for you. Go to your app store. Type in yahoo and tap the yahoo mail icon.

Download/install it and fill in your email and password ***** yahoo. It will walk you through it and prompt you

as it sets up. Let me know results when done.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Reply with any and all errors or concerns referring to your technical issue.

Thank you,

~Franklin

nothing is happening after i put in my email

What stage are you at? Did you put in your email and your password?

i put inmy email hit next then nothing happens. it worked yesterday why doesn't it work today?

Where are you putting in that email address?

did you download the yahoo app?

i am putting it on the line under the word sign in

When you put in the email address, there should be another line for password ***** a next/continue.

nothing happens when i hei next. is ther a way to reset back to yesterday, when everything worked?

Can you try this on the ipad for me instead of the iphone?

nothing

Ok, something further is wrong if you are downloading that app. I dont think it is downloading the right way. Try this.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/yahoo-mail/id577586159?mt=8

That is the correct one.

it worked on the ipad I'd still like to know why it changed?

I cannot tell you why this changed. I can only 'fix' it when it breaks. I looked today to see if this

was a 'trend' and only saw yahoo emails hacked over 3million accounts last october for news.

Ready to try phone?

trying now

Take your time. Reply when ready.

it's telling me safari can't open because the address is invalid I've put it in twice
mow i'm getting the review page

You should not be in safari?

You should go to the app store on your phone, not safari.

i'm just going to go to Apple

Ok, that is absolutely fine. Reply back to me if they cannot assist.

Have a great day!

Franklin

Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Support Technician