Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I am unable to receive email on my iPad or iPhone since

I am unable to...

I am unable to receive email on my iPad or iPhone since yesterday. It does tell me it is updating but no new mail shows up on either device. It does show new email on a laptop.

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking your email from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

My connection is fine, all the way to the top of the ‘radar’ symbol.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

I don’t think so, everything was fine through last night. I am a very poor tech so not sure how to even check for those settings.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Not really just need assistance on how to get my email to come to those 2 devices.

2/17/2018
Kris Rodgers
Kris Rodgers, IT Manager

Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
Can you let me know when you're ready to look at this and we will make a start.

Kris Rodgers
Kris Rodgers, IT Manager
okay ready; however to let you know I am not sending this email from either device but from a laptop
are you a legitimate Yahoo support tech or from some other company

OK - to allow me to connect to your PC/MAC, you must install free remote access software.
Before we do anything please save/bookmark this page so you can come back to it If you loose me.

Please click on this link to the AnyDesk website: https://anydesk.com/remote-desktop
Click on the "Download" box to download and install the software on your computer.
Once installed, reboot your computer.
Upon reboot, open the software from your computer and you will see an AnyDesk address, please give that to me and I will connect with it.
Thanks
Kris

i can't get it to click when i tap
session has ended, now what???? is it possible to get a call from you?

What session? I am still online and here.

All I know is I tried to tap when I was asked to and nothing happened and then got the prompt that session ended. Could you call me instead, I am no techs,
Please I am in tears, I really need this resolved. I am 66 years old and have no clue what should be the next step.

We have a firealarm going off. BRB.

For remote desk it is asking for an address, what address, my email address or home address. I have tried both and I am being told neither is correct.
upon entering my email address and clicking connect that is where the session is closed prompt shows up.
Are you still there?

YEs I am back

Kris if you are still on I would desperately appreciate an actual phone call from you to help me with this matter. It has been way too long to get this resolved. I am in tears and really could use someone to walk me through each step by phone rather than chat line. Is this too much to ask? If you would be the one to call let me know so i can provide you with my contact number.
i did call the contact number but of course all i could get him to do was take my phone number and order number and place a request for a call back but could not give me a time frame for that. I am needing to be out for part of the afternoon but I DO NOT want to miss the call so I am needing to sit here and wait on it, any way to expedite this calling process?
i am not trying to be a difficult customer but I feel a more prompt response is warranted regarding my last 2 message to you. I definitely am not very happy right now as you can tell.

Can you tell me your email provider? Also the contact number.

My email provider is Yahoo. My contact phone # is(###) ###-#### I am on this phone number right now on hold.
Kris, I would continue with this chat line but I am afraid I would not be getting the instructions correct and not be able to get them to work correctly for me. If you can is,it possible to send me another link to do it remotely? When I tried it on the laptop after several tries, I did get an number which I assume is the address that is being referred to. When I tried that on my iPad it didn’t work even though I had downloaded per your instructions, at least I think it downloaded. What is your thought on this?
is this a possible issue with Yahoo mail being down?