Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I have changed my password a lot lately. I have cancer and…

Hello. I have changed...

Hello. I have changed my password ***** lot lately. I have cancer and am doing chemo and i have to keep changing it coz i forget the password ***** don’t write down the answer. I can answer all the recovery questions except when did i open my gmail. I looked back and the earliest email i still have is sept 2008. I have so much connected to google! My email, my music, i have emails im waiting on for work and I’m really freaking out. Haha. I can tell u what some of my most recent ones were and i usually have a few a use and i just can’t remember. I’m guna write it down. I can answer just about anything tho to prove it’s me!!!! I’m so distressed haha

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?

My screen is offcentered too! I duno if ur typing back. Crap! Whats going on!

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Ok i can kinda see now

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I tried to answer the questions and i was able to answer everything but when i opened my acct. I’ve had it soooo long

How can i find out when i opened my google Acct? If i could answer that i could get back into my email. I can answer all questions but that.
Answered in 1 day by:
2/18/2018
Josh, Computer Enthusiast

Hello:

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

i do. :)

I am really sorry to hear about the cancer and chemo that you are going through.

You mentioned using the Google recovery system. Unfortunately, if you are not able to use those options then there isn't a way around the reset.

Do i need to securely connect?
Is there a way besides looking back at emails i can find out when i opened my account?
Or if i contact google can they help me?

There isn't a way to contact Google.

Unfortunately, the only way is through that recovery option that you were using.

This is shit! Haha i cannot remember. It was letting me change it but i guess It only lets u do that so many times? I shoulda wrote it down but i usually use the same few passwords since i don’t have anything too crazy and i always think I’ll remember. I’ve had that account over 10 years. I could prob go back father in my emails but it won’t load or update or whatever

Unfortunately, Google/Gmail has the worst recovery options available out of the all the free providers.

Well shit. Thank u for ur help. Ima keep trying. It says google will contact me on my other email. Hotmail did Coz i had a Hotmail waaaay back when i created my Gmail. But i couldn’t recover that one Either bcs i couldn’t remember the password ***** any way hahaa or the phone number i no longer have etc. they contacted me right away but not google! The bastards hahaha.
I’m finding that out. I’m going to kill that one then and use yahoo. Or whom would u suggest?

Yahoo is a really good one and Microsoft/Hotmail as well.

Okay. I have yahoo and I’ll go back to Microsoft as well. Thank u for ur time!!!!!! I’m makin F google t-shirts. To go right next to my F-libtards t-shirts hahaha. Hope ur not one - or offended. Thank you for your time!!

You're welcome -- I apologize that I had to deliver the bad news to you. Please understand that we do not like to deliver bad news because our rating on the site is based on the feedback of our customers so bad news situations are difficult to deal with. Thankfully, a large majority of our customers are understanding that we are just messengers in the situation and do not take it out on the rating system.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

One more question....googles recovery page said it would contact me in a few days? and i had to type what happened and shit to convince them to help me. Is this untrue?

No, that is true but there is a small percentage of people that actually recover it that way. It is basically an automated process.

Son of a. I saw another thing online that said that U can call but it takes forever for them to answer. If hey do answer can they help me? Or they don’t know how to recover my password? Then I’ll let u go

There isn't a calling option -- The only numbers listed online lead to scam companies.

Josh, Computer Enthusiast
No wonder they take so long! Hahaa. Okay thank you. U have been really helpful. I’m keep trying to figure it out bcs I’m totally stubborn. Meanwhile i have to cancel all my google shit or transfer it all to a new one. Have a good evening and weekend!!!