Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Windows 10, trying to install a new drawing tablet, an

Customer Question
Windows 10, trying to...

Windows 10, trying to install a new drawing tablet, an XP-Pen and it tells me that I have to uninstall other tablet drivers. I have gutted this machine and still get the message. Can you help?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer?

ASUS all in one

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your computer?

Did the typical uninstall for mcaffee, norton, and all tablet software I could see. There was a program called Windows Driver Package - Graphis Tablet that would not uninstall. I opened msconfig, turned off the windows apps, opened task manager and under startup disabled all running apps then tried the uninstall again. No luck. It gives me an error message that the .inf file is not found. Then I downloaded the trial version of Revo? and it did uninstall it. I rebooted and still get the message that other tablet drivers exist.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that is it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
any luck?
2/15/2018
Email technician: Kris Rodgers, IT Manager replied 7 months ago
Kris Rodgers
Kris Rodgers, IT Manager

Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
Can you let me know when you're ready to look at this and we will make a start.

ready now
not quite yet
meaning that i don't want a direct connect yet

OK no problem, can you tell me exactly, word for word what the error is?

it is a long string so bear with me

OK thanks

ERROR: File C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\tabletdriver.inf_amd64_f1cbb329b67ba26d\tabletdriver.inf' not found
I think I took care of that and now the message I get is that existing tablet drivers must be uninstalled in order to install this new driver
I'll see if I can cut and paste

OK great thanks

System has detected other tablet drivers. You need to uninstall all other tablet drivers before installing Tablet driver.

This means there are other tablet drivers uninstalled in your computer, and is recommended to remove previous drivers prior to installing Artisul driver.

Please follow these steps:

1.Unplug your Artisul tablet from your computer. ‧

2.Uninstall all tablet drivers (Including Artisul Driver).

3.Reboot your computer and try to install Artisul driver again.

Note: If you are still seeing "system has detected other tablet driver..." it means your driver uninstallation was not completely removed, please manually uninstall your driver - refer to this link.

this driver never installed and therefore cannot be deleted. I have gone through the entire list of apps and do not find any other tablet drivers. If one exists it must be hidden somewhere.

Please proceed to manually uninstall then: https://artisul.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000563607

Searched for tablet.dat and found nothing

Ok proceed to the next step

wintab*.* turns up nothing

OK

That's it for manual uninstall. Still will not work

Okay no problem.

I am going to opt out so another expert can have a go at helping as I am out of ideas.

Someone will pick this up and you will be emailed.

Thanks

Kris