Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I signed up for a new account and it won't download Only…

Customer Question
I signed up for...

I signed up for a new account and it won't download Only goes to 25% and stops

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Gmail

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Web browser

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I can't do anything -it is stuck on 25% downloaded . Even though it welcomes me to me new account

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Email
2/6/2018
Email technician: Kris Rodgers, IT Manager replied 5 months ago
Kris Rodgers
Kris Rodgers, IT Manager

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

I signed up for the new account approx 3 hours ago

Can you tell me what network or service this is for?

No. I don’t want to spend more $$ on this. It’s already been looked at by another expert and they couldn’t figure it out

Okay no problem.

I am going to opt out so another expert can have a go at helping as I am out of ideas.

Someone will pick this up and you will be emailed.

Thanks

Kris

Email technician: syseng, Information Systems Professional replied 5 months ago
syseng
syseng, Information Systems Professional

My name is David.

Just a moment while I review your question.

My name is David.

The issue you describe is most often caused by memory errors in your network devices such as router and modem. To rule out your network devices as the culprit, power down the router/modem that provides your Internet access and unplug the power cord as well. Wait 3 minutes. Then plug in the power cord on the router/modem and power up the device. Wait for the router/modem to completely start up. Reboot your computer and the other devices that connect to your network after the router/modem had completed start up and test to see if the issue is resolved.
Please let me know the result.

Do you still need assistance?