Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Craigslist email relay not working from Thunderbird account…

Customer Question
Craigslist email relay not...

Craigslist email relay not working from Thunderbird account showing as sent in sent folder but know they aren't being received

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking your email from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

I am not tech savvy at all internet is working as I verified that I am sending craigslist emails through my thunderbird

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

I dont have a virus where could I check settings? It was working fine for years and just stopped two days ago thanks for your help

Technician's Assistant: Happy to help. Want a weekly JustAnswer email to help with other issues? If so, what's your email address? And if you'd still like to talk to the Email Expert, I'll connect you shortly.

I want my problem fixed and this is a one time thing please

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/6/2018
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 2 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

What's the email address in the question?

all craigslist email relays
There must be an answer without going remote....as I said emails sent through craigslist server are showing as sent in my sent folder but are not being received!!
I knew this was a scam.. All you are into is grabbing more cash. The question is plain and clear. You might have to search craigslist support for an answer. Sorry for being impatient but this shouldn't take so long.
Hello, this is not scam. FYI - I am working several customers at the same time, and also need to join remote sessions time to time. My time is shared by all customers except you request premium services then I will dedicated with you.
How long will it take to fix the problem please? Straight answer please
If your (some) outgoing emails are never received by the other parties, did you ever receive a non-delivery notification for the emails?Did you try sending an email to yourself? If not tested, please do it now.Please also confirm if this issue applies to all recipients or some of them or only a specific group of recipients.We need to clarify and investigate the issues before offering an answer or solution. Thanks for your patience.
My email is working fine, Getting and sending emails to everyone else no proble. All craigslisy emails are not going through. This must be an issue with craigslist or something that maybe I have done with my settings or something preventing them from being received.Thanks again and sorry for being testy

Can you please let me the how those Craigslisy email addresses loook like,***@******.***?

Please also let me know your IP address by clicking HERE. Thanks.

is how it shows up and I clicked on here button to show IP address

What's the your IP address shown from your side?

*****@******.*** is one of your recipients? Are you sure it is a person's email address? :)

It is an email address attached to that ad only! This is how the craigslist email system works...I would have assumed that you would know how craigslist email trail works

Okay, if you are sure about the email address, just leave it to me.

Again, what's the your IP address shown from your side? Thanks.

24.150.139.214 I think this is it as I clicked on your click here button earlier to identify hp address
Also each craigslist d has different email address like the one I showed you...they are all different but none of my emails are reaching any intended recipient thank you

Thanks. Now I need to be quiet for a while to research what might be happening on pers.craigslist.org side. Thanks for your patience again.

thank you
I hope to resolve this real soon.
Any progress??

Okay, after reviewing all related technical facts and researching the issue online, I can tell (1) this is a very common issue for Craigslist and (2) it is not a technical problem.

***@******.*** or something like that is an way to allow member to reach other in an anonymous way, hence a random-like email ID or alias is given to you by the site for each member and there is no info given if your outgoing email is received or not. In reality, the email should be delivered but the recipient chooses to ignore.
Bullshit...I have ben using this server for years and have been getting responses all the time. They don't suddenly stop for 3 days out of nowhere. I want the problem fixed I am not satisfied so refund my money or fix the problem. PLain and simple!!!

Okay, I opt out, please see more experts. easy and simple.

Refund my f**king money I am not interested in your games
Have somebody email me as you are obviously clueless
Email technician: Kamil Anwar, Exchange & Email Consultant replied 2 months ago
Kamil Anwar, Exchange & Email Consultant

Hello.

I am a new expert.

You can reqest this to be refunded by mailing***@******.***.

Do you still wish to continue?

If not, i can request your refund or you can send email to support and they will close this question and issue you full refund.

I want my problem resolved!

What is your email address?

We'll have to troubleshoot this to find out what's wrong.

My email is working fine other than the fact they are not delivering to craigslist.***@******.***

I wanted to run a check against the domain @cogeco.ca to see if it is blacklisted or not, if it is and the mails are rejected by craiglist, then that could be one reason why it isn't working but it is not blacklisted.

Can we do a test by replying to your ad or something from my email address?

I am back online and unhappy with the fact that this was not resolved and I feel it was a weak effort by your tech people. I copied and pasted the link and then sent craigslist messages through my gmail account. My emails went through and people responded again like they always did before. So it must be something to do with the emails getting blocked on my Mozilla thunderbird account with my cogeco email

can you send a reply by the cogeco.ca webmail and test?

I sent messages from cogeco webmail account....I sent test messages to myself on my cogeco address and to my gmail. I am getting the emails there but still no response from a single craigslist email. Its as if there is a setting on my cogeco account blocking responses. I sent craigslist emails from my gmail and got almost instant responses. I sent at least 10 through cogeco webmail and nothing. Is there a setting we need to look at that is blocking craigslist emails specifically?
Is anybody going to respond to my email?

Sorry, i am not always online.

And since the emails sent through the webmail wont work, then this isnt a thunderbird issue.

It looks like craiglist is blocking cogeco or rejecting there emails.

cogeco will need to see why, or if there IP address or MX records are blacklisted.

Did your last tech support guy check my ip address? I think he said he did and my ip address hasn't been blacklisted

Yours isnt listed.

Seems like the sending server which is the cogeco IP is.

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist