Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My cell and computer are asking me to change my password.

Hi my cell...

Hi my cell and computer are asking me to change my password. Yahoo wants to send a code to my cell, but I recently changed my cell number and it does not have the new number

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your phone?

Today

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The Smartphone Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your photos, contacts and other data.

I have done all that, but now the yahoo email password ***** to change

2/7/2018
syseng
syseng, Information Systems Professional

My name is David.

Do you still need assistance?

Do you still need assistance?

I still need assistance

Ok, so next try the reset again but this time choose to use your backup email address associated to your account. So instead of sending a text message to the phone number on your account, they will send an email to the backup email address that includes reset instructions.

How do I do the factory reset?

Click the link below and follow the prompts:

click here

Make sure to select the option to have the reset information emailed to you rather than the text message option.

Yahoo does not have my recovery email address

Ok then next follow the same process and select the third option rather than email or phone number - when you do a new web page will appear where you will be asked questions about your account so they can identify you and make sure you own the account.

The 3rd option IS the recovery email, which they don’t have on file.

Ok so you don't see an "Other" options link?

No

Ok then I am going to open up your question to other experts that may have additional ideas.

Ok
Richard, Email Systems Specialist

Hi there and welcome

If you call your old phonee number, does anyone answer it?

Please let me know

Richard, Email Systems Specialist
I did that and the problem is now solved. Thank you.