Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I wish to delete several accounts from my Windows Live Mail…

Customer Question
I wish to delete...

I wish to delete several accounts from my Windows Live Mail but still have access to the emails in these accounts. Is this possible

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

No

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Email
2/6/2018
Email technician: jinsmn, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 5 months ago
jinsmn
jinsmn, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Do you want to delete the unwanted accounts from your Windows Livemail client? Do you want to keep the Emails on those accounts in Windows Live Mail or Delete the Emails also?

Regards
Jins

Thank you for quick reply. I wish to delete the accounts from Windows Live Mail but still have access to the emails from these accounts

Before deleting a mailbox in Windows Live Mail, first move the downloaded messages into another folder. That way the messages will still be in your Mail program after you delete the mailbox. Another option is to leave the account where it is and exclude it from Syncing. Right-click on the account name in the folder pane and select Properties. On the General tab, deselect Include this account when receiving mail or synchronizing.

Regards

Jins