Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

When I try to open my email I am getting a message "This App…

Customer Question
When I try to...

When I try to open my email I am getting a message "This App can't open. There is a problem with mail. Contact your system administrator about repairing or reinstalling it."

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking your email from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

The internet connection seems to be fine.....I think I am checking it from Outlook.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

I have been getting pop-up messages from Malwarebytes (is that it?) about upgrading, but my email was working fine then just stopped.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No, just how to get access to my email back

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/6/2018
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 2 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
Hello, this is Bing. Thanks for asking a question at JustAnswer, please let me take a while to review and clarify the details.Please also be aware that you are visiting JustAnswer, a paid service providing professional support with guaranteed quality. Please advise if you want to continue or not. Thanks.You may see an offer for a phone call or remote support for an extra fee, this is not from me, by the site automatically. Please disregard it, if you think it is unnecessary or unrelated for your question.
Why would I pay for something you did not deliver? There is nothing right about that. I am pleased to pay for a product or service that is delivered which is not the case here.

> This App can't open. There is a problem with mail. Contact your system administrator about repairing or reinstalling it.

Can you please provide a screenshot showing the above message and more? Thanks.

This seems to be en expensive learning experience for me. I was charged for zero help. I intend to look elsewhere

It is a paid service and it is a more helpful service, but you need to let us clear know what is happening at your side. This is the key for a best solution. Can you now provide a screenshot? Thanks.

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist