Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Phones, tablet and 2 laptops cannot send emails, can

Customer Question
Phones, tablet and 2...

Phones, tablet and 2 laptops cannot send emails, can receive, says cannot connect to service since password ***** been changed, we tried to enter new password ***** this a.m. to override error message but it didn't allow us to do that

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

Not at present

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I don't remember answering security questions previously, main cell phone number is(###) ###-####

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

The laptop sending this message does send and receive messages

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Email
2/6/2018
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 5 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
Hello, this is Bing. Thanks for asking a question at JustAnswer, please let me take a while to review and clarify the details.Please also be aware that you are visiting JustAnswer, a paid service providing professional support with guaranteed quality. Please advise if you want to continue or not. Thanks.You may see an offer for a phone call or remote support for an extra fee, this is not from me, by the site automatically. Please disregard it, if you think it is unnecessary or unrelated for your question.
We ok'd the charge with our bank and the $36 has been processed for payment. When can we expect an answer?
We do not wish to have you remotely connect.

> We do not wish to have you remotely connect.

Then please simply ignore or skip the annoying message. Thanks.

> says cannot connect to service since password ***** been changed,

Please advise the email program you use on the phone, tablet and computers, respectively. For example, build-in Mail app in iPhone, Mail app on Windows 10, or Outlook program on laptop computers etc.

Please also advise the email address(es) in question. Thanks.

I'm not sure I know the answer for that. Our phones have an icon for email which is the @ inside a red circle within a white square. There is also a Gmail icon which is the red M on the white envelope. We use***@******.*** for both of these but the gmail icon is connected to our local provider (nutelecom.net). Mostly this is used for notices, etc. from NUtelecom. Our email here is***@******.***. Both icons show a combined inbox. The two laptops are older but I think have been changed to Windows 10. The tablet is a Samsung but also several years old.

Thanks for your clarification. Basically you do mean you are using email programs or apps to access your mailboxes.You have already given a very good description on what you are using, they are built-in mail apps on Android and Gmail apps from Google.

Now, if you are able to visit My Account page of Google, we can fix the settings there then all your devices can access the Gmail mailbox.

Regarding your local email provider, I guess you have no problem to access it from all devices. Correct?

I can access my account on my phone. We do not have problems with the local provider.

Exact like what I speculated. The issue are only with newly configured Gmail account, that's because Google has increased security protection level by default. What you do is (1) follow Google's recommendation, or (2) restore to legacy settings. Both will work.

Where is Google's recommendation or where do I find restore to legacy settings?

Please go to My Account page of Google.

Option 1: enable two-steps verification.

Option 2: enable less secure apps.

I did the 2 step verification. System seemed to take my entries. I then tried to send an email from my phone to our email account and it failed again giving me the message that our server password ***** changed, enter new password. Tried that but still didn't go.

Once two-step verification has been enabled, all new devices will require app passwords for email access. Please generate app password ***** each device. No need to remember those app passwords, they are for machine and one-time use.

Any feedback? Worked? Please advise. Thanks.