Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

When I switched to gmail, I lost my facebook account. I made…

Customer Question
When I switched to...

When I switched to gmail, I lost my facebook account. I made a mistake and started filing for a NEW facebook account.I stopped and a Geek got my old facebook back on my screen. Now I have two accounts. My gmail is telling me to accept friends that are on my old account. Today gmail told me to accept me. Yes me with my picture as a friend to my face book account. Can you help me? Either merge the two accounts, or delete completely that new facebook account.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?

I don't know what an OS is. Windows 10?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your Facebook?

Thursday 1-18-18.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

When I am on face book, Over on the left is a list of other places. I lost my favorite, Twin Ports Dance. It's been on the left for 15 yuears.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Email
1/21/2018
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you able to access or login to BOTH facebook accounts?
  2. Or you are only able to access the old one now, and you want to remove the newly created account?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

1, I can not assess or login to BOTH
2. Sometimes I get the old one, and most of the tike I get the new one
2 Over on the left of the facebook page, I lost a link to another facebook account. It disappeared.

Thank you for writing back. Do you still remember the passwords for both accounts?

Thank you for that confirmation.

Now, the best way to fix this is to use another web browser. If you are using Windows 10, by default, you have 2 browsers. First is Edge, second in Internet Explorer.

If you are using Edge now, please try to use Internet Explorer. Go to www.facebook.com and then login to the Facebook account that is NOT logged in to the previous browser.

Please tell me when you are successful or not so that I can assist you further.

Thanks,

Jess

I am successful. What's next?

Please clarify these first:

1. Are you logged in to the NEW Facebook account in the other browser I suggested?
  2. Are you using your Gmail address to login to that NEW Facebook account?
  3. What exactly do you want in the NEW account? To delete or deactivate it?
Okay I have the account on Internet explorer. Yes I used the gmail address It is the NEW account that I want to deactivate. Get rid of. Never see it again. You confused me with the word " Pervious Browser. If I have made a mistake, can we save all this so I don't lose Face Book?

I was being extra careful in the procedures because if you delete or deactivate the wrong account, it cannot be UNDONE.

So you NEED to do the deactivation process in the browser (Internet Explorer) where you logged in to the NEW account.

Here are the steps:

1. In your NEW facebook account, click on the small DOWN-ARROW at the top right of the page
  2. Then click on SETTINGS
  3. Or you can COPY the URL below and paste it in Internet Explorer:
    https://www.facebook.com/settings
  4. You will see the page: General Account Settings. There you shall see related info to verify it is the account you want to deactivate, like the email address.
  5. Click on the bot***** *****nk that says Manage Account.
  6. There at the bottom you shall see the link "Deactivate your account"
  7. Click on it and follow the on screen procedures

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess

Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 6 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

> I stopped and a Geek got my old facebook back on my screen

> Today gmail told me to accept me.

Can you please upload a few screenshots to show more details about the two issues of your FB account(s)? Thanks.

Thanks, I don't know how to upload. Not only that, I followed the directions by Jess, and lost all FB.

Jus add the "add file" button around the chat window you are using to send a message to me.

What do you mean about "lost", their wall or public pages are not longer visible on the Internet?

I now, can not get Face Book on my computer. Jess said to "Deactivate your account." Since I have two accounts, I did that with the one I did not want, and now both of them are gone.