Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I cannot get it set up on my phone. Outlook. I do not know…

I cannot get it...

I cannot get it set up on my phone

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking your email from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

Outlook

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

I do not know what the domain name and port number are

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Not sure yet

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/19/2018
Josh, Computer Enthusiast

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

What is the email that you are trying to setup?

What is the make/model of the phone?

I am an old guy! I have no idea where I am checking my email from. Those terms don't mean much to me.

What is your email address?

What is the make/model of the phone?

will you be able to do it later
I have an lg phone and it wants to know what domain and port # we use to hook up. Can you give me that

Which model LG phone?

What is the email address?

My email address is***@******.***
phone model is LG5
I will be gone for the next 3 hours but will keep this email open

I do not see any website for fssgp.ca

Are you sure that you typed that correctly?

Is fssgp.ca your own company?

Abbreviated for flooring superstores grande prairie.

Is fssgp.ca your own company?

Which company is hosting your domain/website?

Good questipn. I thought it was you.

No, we do not host websites. We are a technical support website.

I am just trying to get my email to work on my cell phone.

Yes, I understand but you have your own personal website that you are trying to setup so we need to know where it is hosted at otherwise I cannot help you with the settings for it. There isn't a generic setting that can be used.

Oh. Would outlook be what you are looking for

I am not sure what you mean

Apparently i do not know what you mean either.
Josh; Somebody who understood happened along and showed me the simple thing I was missing. It is working now. Sorry for wasting your time. Thank you... Bill

Great to hear

Josh, Computer Enthusiast