Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I am prompted to provide my user name and password when I…

I am prompted to...

I am prompted to provide my user name and password ***** I try to receive mail

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Gmail

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Phone, ipad, windows. the only one I am having trouble with is windows

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Tried resetting password

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Just tried to login on phone ang it is asking me to sign in. this does not usually happen

1/19/2018
Moses C

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer support, thank you for utilizing our service.
I will be assisting you with the query and question you have with us.

Login to gmail and Goto Settings - Open Advanced Settings - go to Content Settings.

Click on Cookies.

2nd setting down is 'keep local only until you quit your browser" and turn that to the Off (grey) setting.

All done.

click through to a couple of pages - close your browser.

Re-open your browser and you now save local data after closing the browser, and you wont be logged out constantly

I'ts placed as a 'security feature'.

Moses C

Click on the link, you will see a page opens scroll down down and click on I Agree button
it will install Elsinore which is the remote assistance tool once its installed i will be connected to your screen

Can't find Open Advanced Settings

i am connected to your computer on remote screen

i will do the following steps when you are ready

I have installed Elsinore on my computer

may i take the control of your computer?

made necessary changes can you please check now on the device you get login prompt

are you using outlook to check gmail?

you didnt mention that you are using outlook to view gmail and you get password ***** on outlook and not on any device like smartphone to tablet.

Still asking for user name and password
Sorry I thought I had

outlook password ***** has a different troubleshooting steps.

I will fix that dont worry.

thank you

the phone number mentioned on the google account is it correct and you have access to it?

Password ***** up issue fixed on outlook

send/receive working fine now.

I have checked with test email.

thanks for your time

I will end the remote session now. I have no control to your computer screen anymore.

ok

Thank you for your interest in Just Answer.

Good day.