Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I can't send email. I received a text stating a copy has…

I can't send email...

I can't send email. I received a text stating a copy has been placed in your outbox. The connection the outgoing server "smtp.gmail.com" failed. Additional outgoing servers cn be configured for Mail account in Setting-Acconts & password.

Technician's Assistant: Are emails stuck in your outbox or are you receiving an error message?

I'm also receiving notice that my password ***** been change in the past 23 hours, which I don't remember doing. Then a second text stating that my verification code is G108536

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from sending mail?

No everything worked yesterday just fine

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

That's everything I know. thanks

1/18/2018
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Support Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your gmail. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question."

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

What email are you trying to get into?

How do you usually access your email? Email client such as windows live, (built in email app

on the computer itself that looks like an envelope) Thunderbird? Using a regular browser such

as Firefox/Internet Explorer/Chrome etc?

Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Support Technician
macOSSiera 10.12.6 ***@******.***

We can connect and i can fix this for you by following these 3 steps: (if you cant get in. dont worry. i will send you another remote way to get in with teamviewer)

1.

To start the connection first click the apple symbol at the top left, then click system preferences, then click security & privacy.

Then, at the bottom click the bubble to allow apps from anywhere. If its greyed out and you cant click it, click the lock at the lower left, type in your mac password. Then click the bubble to allow apps from anywhere.

2.

next, we need to update java.. You can update java from this link

http://www.java.com/en/download/

make sure you download, open and then install the java update..

3.

Finally, to connect please click this link
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=0a4f9eb2-8e7b-412a-b6eb-2c26dfbecaa9&Type=Java

On the next page, scroll down and click the agree button..

It should then download a java elsinore bootstrapper client to your downloads folder.

Click the down arrow at the top right of safari or firefox and open your downloads, double click the java bootstrapper file.

Open it, install it, and if java pops up asking you to run it, click run. That will connect us.

If you get stuck or run into any issues, let me know so I can help you!

I use safari
I received a message that

I use safari
I received a message that

Please clarify?

I don’t have an apps from anywhere
This is not helpful. I need to talk to someone

Try this for me:

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/windows/

Download teamviewer and send me the partner id/password.

I will leave a video how for mac:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPct89gP2P8

Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Support Technician