Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I suddenly am unable to log into my gmail through Outlook. I…

I suddenly am unable...

I suddenly am unable to log into my gmail through Outlook. I am getting this message: 5.7.14 https://support.google.com/mail/answer/78754 x71sm2846262ywd.92 - gsmtp

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?

No

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I have done that. I can get into gmail from the web. I just can't access it through Outlook. (I am on a Mac)

1/18/2018
Sandy
Sandy, Computer Specialist

Hello! My name is Sandy.I'm reviewing your question now. Let's get started!
Please add this page to bookmarks or favorites.

ok

You must be able to login into your Gmail webmail account first.

Please tell me the part of your gmail address after letter @ only.

Is it @gmail.com or other?

gmail.com
I can log into the account from other places. I am having problems with Outlook

Step A: Okay, first of all, please try to login into your gmail account as given under:Click the link : http://gmail.com

And if you're not able to login, please click More option or forgot your password ***** then create a new password ***** your gmail account first.

And then use the new password with outlook as well.

Also, please do the following:

If this does not work, I will provide you another steps to sort it out.

Keep me posted.

I will be standing by.

Regards, Sandy

Dude - I told you I was able to log into gmail. The problem is not my gmail password. It is with Outlook
I only have a short time left

Okay, please follow these steps:

A.

Click the link given below and turn ON the less secure apps option:

https://myaccount.google.com/lesssecureapps

B. Click the link and click Continue

https://accounts.google.com/DisplayUnlockCaptcha

And now, open outlook and enter your gmail account password ***** check if it works or not.

And tell me if it works or not.

Thank you.

didn't work

Please type in your contact number(landline or mobile). I will call you directly and help you with this.

i have another call in 2 minutes
can i let you know when that is over?

Okay, what time will you back home?

30 minutes or less?

Okay, please add this page to bookmarks or favorites and reply back to me.

And type in phone number. I will call you in 30 minutes.

Okay, Thank you.

Sandy - I am available if you want to call now

okay

I have provided you steps to fix the issue. Regards, Sandy

Sandy
Sandy, Computer Specialist
Sandy
Sandy
Sandy, Computer Specialist