Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Yesterday, Google advised me to change my password. I

Customer Question
Yesterday, Google advised me...

Yesterday, Google advised me to change my password. I proceeded to change the password ***** my email (added some extra numeric). It first appeared the change was satisfactory ... you texted me a code to facilitate the change, etc. The outcome is ... my email no longer works at all. My further attempts to rectify the problems seems to make it worse and causes me to appear to be a hacker! Don't you have a more direct way to advise you customers how to make changes? May reach me by text at *** *** **** (I can't be reached by emailing me.)

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

No

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I have security questions -- not sure about phone number as I have different phone right now.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I only want my email service restored.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
1/18/2018
Email technician: Isaac Franklin, Support Technician replied 7 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Support Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your email. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question."

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

What email are you trying to get back? gmail/outlook/yahoo etc?

How do you usually access your email? Email client such as windows live, (built in email app

on the computer itself that looks like an envelope) Thunderbird? Using a regular browser such

as Firefox/Internet Explorer/Chrome etc?