Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

I have sent 1 confidential email to external group by

Hi, I have sent...

Hi, I have sent 1 confidential email to external group by accidently

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

This morning I have recalled that one and after recalling, suddenly I did not see that email anymore it Gmail

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Yup, That external email was mass email for a group of people to use for project. And I have check back with external party and they answered they did not use that email anymore. They have change to new email address few weeks

1/18/2018
Mike Taylor
Mike Taylor, Lead Technician and Owner

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue today. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question

Please could you clarify the problem for me as I am unclear on the matter...

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry which matter you are unclear?
I have recalled 1 extremly confidential email to externall party's mass email( group email) and I have recalled it.
It is Gmail and after checking back with the external group they said they do not use that email anymore for 2 weeks.
So I would like to know whether the recall success or not?

Ahh ok thankyou for clearing that up.. Makes sense to me now

The truth is, you will need someone to be able to get INTO the emails that were sent to by mistake.... Also if THEY dont use those email addresses anymore, does anyone else?

Bot***** *****ne is you need confirmation from ONE of those email recipients that is not present anymore

Is that possible?

They may not USE that email anymore but do they still have ACCESS to it in order to verify receipt or recall effective

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
let me check sbd which can access to that email
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Another point is before I recall, I still see that email in CC list. But after recalling, that email suddenly disappered .
So what does that mean?

If you recalled it and it disappears it goes into a encrypted locked up file and end users such as yourself cannot get into it..

You still have the original confidential file correct?

So basically your file is secure... your end... Just need to get the recipient to confirm that they don't have that file which they shouldn't because from what you have told me the protocol was followed for the bounceback.. Once they have confirmed you will feel much better I am sire but it does sound to me like the recall was successful.

With an important document I am sure that you want a solid confirmation and totally understandable

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hmn, problem is that is mass email. I have called the receipient and the answer is that email address still can be accessed even they did not use it anymore. However, 1 guy said he did not see that email which I already recalled.
So,meaning to say that one is recalled successful?
But there was another problem that my staff has just replied all that email and also attached with another important file.
She has not recalled yet and 1 of the recipient has read. What should I do now?

If one recall is successful they all will be... It pulls from all!

Sounds like a mess now... You need to tell her to recall immediately... This has set off a big chain reaction

Your recall is successful but now it seems she has now re made the issue

After she recalls you will be good to go

The ONLY way is to contact EVERYONE to make sure 1000% for piece of mind because that is the ONLY way to be certain

If the recall function does its job which everything you have told me tells me it did until the redistribution then she just needs to recall NOW

unfortunately once a mistake like this happens and the recipient either downloads or opens the mail your control over that email disappears

It is now in there possession and there box is private and you can no longer do anything about it

I would suggest that you send a group email about this mistake and to make sure that they delete it and or if they still have access to the unused accounts that it be destroyed

If you and the lady both recalled then thats all you can do.. The faster the better!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Yup it is mess now. Have told her to recalled already. But since 1 guy read it means the files has been opend.

Yes sir..... Everything would have been fine if that reply hadnt been sent.... I would send him instructions to delete it immediately

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for my time today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Any bonuses are very much appreciated. If you need more assistance,please use the reply box and let me know and ill be more than happy to help you more

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hmn, I could not control mass email since lots of people received it.
For the rest of people in group, if they do not open that email address so the recall ok?

yes the recall is fine... No problem... Like you said if they dont open that email address anyway then no harm

The recall should solve 99% of this issue right up until the one person that opened it

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thanks, ***** ***** have no choice to check it up one by one for the email my staff has sent.

Welcome... Yes if you want to be absolutely sure 100% then yes you have to check with them

The recall seems to have been effective but if this is a sensitive document then I would certainly chase it down and make sure (if it was me)

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thanks,

Very welcome.... I think you will find that everything will be ok.. the recall function works very well... Your just being cautious so thats good and NEVER hurts

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Haiz, it should be ok till since one guy from external opened it. Has begged him to Alt+del that email.
Now I need to pray that he did it and nbd read it anymore. What a day!

Yep you have to put faith in people to do the right thing in these situations and its tough!

Is there anything else I can help or advise you on today in regards ***** ***** matter?

If not, i hope I have earned a 5 star rating from you today at the top of your screen.

Mike Taylor
Mike Taylor, Lead Technician and Owner
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Nope, thanks Mike

Very welcome!! Thankyou

Mike Taylor
Mike Taylor
Mike Taylor, Lead Technician and Owner