Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

This is so frustrating! Why don’t you just have a phone

Customer Question
This is so frustrating...

This is so frustrating! Why don’t you just have a phone number that works! OK, I ventilated a bit there. Sorry. Not your fault. I’ve been to the Apple store in Bend, Oregon to try to figure out a very weird things that is happening with email the past 3 days. They couldn’t figure it out and gave me a gmail support phone number to call which doesn’t work unless you have some kind of support code - which I do not have. Anyway, the weird thing is. As of 3 days ago, my name is ***** ***** found anywhere in the sender, receiver, or CC category in any of my email messages that have been received or sent over the past few months. My name, Carolyn Brock, has disappeared and my daugter’s mother in law’s name (Kathleen Belmont) is now there in place of my name. I have not written an email to Kathleen nor she to me in the past 2 months (just texts). Why or how this very strange changing out of my name and being replaced by hers is happening is so bizarre and no one can figure out why. Kathleen has not noticed anything weird on her end. I am not getting her email nor is she getting mine. My name has just been deleted and hers inserted in every single email I have sent or received (that is still visible in any of my mailboxes. I went in to my account and retyped my name in the box for name and hit done. But that changed nothing. The guy at the Apple Store reset my account and when he first hit the reset button my name briefly flickered into place on the email he could see and then immediately reset itself to be all Kathleen Belmont. What the what? Any idea how this is happening or how to fix it? I have not been able to send anything for fear I will contaminate other people’s stuff or they will think they are getting email from Kathleen rather than me. All of my incoming messages are still coming in and make sense in terms of who is sending stuff to me but they come in with the name Kathleen Belmont as the recipient. Is any of this making sense and can you help me? Thanks. Sorry to be irate at the beginning. Just having trouble finding someone who can help me. Thanks!

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking Gmail from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

Internet connection is fine. I’m kind of computer illiterate for the most part. Not using Outllook so guess it must be a browser on my I-Pad. I”m at home and using our internet service connected to the house.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

Not that I’m aware of. And getting mail is not the problem. I’m getting mail per usual. It all just comes in as though my name is***** only issue is that the wrong name has somehow been inserted in place of mine as though my name is ***** ***** Belmont rather than Carolyn Brock. Everything else is working fine. So could someone on your end have somehow gotten my name tangled up with hers? And how do I get my name recovered as the sender and recipient of all of my email?

Technician's Assistant: The Email Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that’s it. Just wanting to know what steps to take to get my name back! Thanks.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Email
1/18/2018
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 4 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

I would first clarify which Apple Store it is. Is it a genuine Apple Store? What's the address of it please?

OK. I’m starting to feel a little bit scammed here. Really!? Yes. It’s a genuine Apple Store. It’s not the Apple Store that is the issue. It’s the gmail account. When I started talking to you I misunderstood your website and thought you were an official part of Google. I don’t think you will actually be able to help me so I am dropping my questions to you. Please refund my $5 deposit. And if I could I would go back in and remove all the info I just gave you. I don’t want to be distrustful but I’m not thinking I sought information from the right source. Thanks. I’ll be watching all my accounts very carefully.

We not Apple and not Google.

We are JustAnswer, a paid website providing professional support services for various industries including IT with guaranteed quality.

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist