Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My husband and I are both usiing the same macair, He has an…

My husband and I...

My husband and I are both usiing the same macair, He has an email account but I would like to add one for me. How do I add a second account for a second person?

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

He has icloud.

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access your email? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

On the computer I assume the web browser as their is a mail icon on the computer.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I did a web search but almost deleted his account so I stopped.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes I need one that will let me set up group mails.

1/17/2018
Kamil Anwar, Exchange & Email Consultant

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.

You can add on Apple Mail, or web browser.

Which one would you like?

Apple Mail I guess

Please click the link below and run/open the program

https://www.fastsupport.com/103338162

What I was paying for was to get an email account that I could send group email through. The help session you sent me to for gmail is a forum. I want to send group emails directly from my email.
If gmail can not send emails to a group directly from my email account without going to the browser and using a forum this is not what I was paying for. Please help

Can you explain exactly how are you looking to e-mail to the group without creating a group?

You need to first create the group, and then send email to the group so that it get's sent out to all the members in the group.

The group acts as the distrubtion list for all your contacts.

This video should help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2697RHn4vo

Please take a look at the video first and then we can discuss so that we are on the same page.

The account you set up for me and directions you gave me uses a web based group. I was requesting help from you for a email account that would do emails directly from the email. If google mail does group mails the site for directions you gave me is for a web based forum. What you set up is not working.

I will opt out and open the question to other experts.

It looks like the email account has just been added to Apple mail. The email screen does not look like the video screen, It is not showing up like a normal email account. It looks like it is read onlyl
I have to work tomorrow from 9 to 4:30 please contact me after this time.

Like i explained, you can use Apple Mail and the Web Browser. What you're trying to do is suitable through a web browser so you will need to sign into your Gmail account that we created, and then use that to create Groups as per the video. To create a distribution list in Apple Mail (see this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyE_3D56-Go )

My apple mail is not looking like this and not giving me the options in the video.
Now my husbands email account info like inbox, sent mail etc is no longer showing

Can we do another remote session

Thank you for your help! After the last link you sent and turning off your email I was able to set up a group and all emails are working. This email program kept knocking out the email. You can consider this job well done.

You are welcome