Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Email Technician's Assistant Welcome! What's going on with…

Customer Question
Pearl Wilson, Email Technician's...

Pearl Wilson, Email Technician's Assistant
Welcome! What's going on with your email?
You
Hi Jess. Have just been with Vodafone niinjas to try and get my new gmail address on my notebook. We are on a hotspot connection as no internet in this beach place and it is very slow so they were unable to remote control my computer as kept losing connection. I have***@******.*** as my google default email address and have already changed to***@******.*** This new address is working on my iphone and our computer at home but when I try to put this gmail address on to my laptop it states gmail cannot be added as an alternative email address. Are you able to walk me through fixing this problem as I need to conduct business transactions down here for the rest of the month? Regards AndrinaThompson

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your laptop?

Yes I am connected via hotspot with Vodafone now

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are solid and which are blinking on your router?

Sorry this is a hotspot on my iphone - no internet connection with router?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just need to get gmail on this laptop

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Email
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/17/2018
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi Andrina, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. WHERE exactly are you trying to add the @gmail account?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

Hi Jess. Pearl Wilson was going to handle this by remote control of my computer, but the internet connection is bad in this area and as I am using my hot spot (as we don't have hard wired internet here) I will use up all my data allowance waiting for her to get a connection. With this in view I would be grateful if you could help me through this. In the past I have had***@******.*** as my email address. In NOvember Vodafone bowed out of this service and we had to get a new email address which is now***@******.*** I can get this email on my iphone and the computer at home but for some reason cannot get google to accept the gmail address on my laptop at the beach place we are holidaying at. Previous I have had not problems connecting my hotspot and getting in to the icon on my laptop for my ihug webmail. What I want is to be able to set up my gmail address on the desktop of my laptop so when connected to internet by my iphone hotspot I can get straight into my emails. I have looked at the google settings for email and recovery email and they both have***@******.*** When I tried to change or add an alternative email address ie the gmail address, it will not accept an email ending in .gmail.com?? Hope this makes sense to you? regards Andrina
I have already sent off my $5 visa payment and would prefer this option to sort it out. Many thanks.
Are you still on line?

Yes, I am reading your long reply now. Hold on please.

What are you using to access your Gmail on the laptop? Is it a Mail app?

You do not need to ADD it to your @ihug email account. That will only confuse you.

If you want to access both @ihug and @gmail accounts in one place, I suggest that you use an email program. I suggest Thunderbird (free), or MS Outlook 2016 if you have MS Office installed.

There, you ADD your @ihug email account, and then add your @gmail account as well.

Do you think you can do that?

If you want to just access your Gmail using your web browser, please tell me, what happens when you open your web browser and then go to www.gmail.com? Do you see your @ihug email immediately?

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist