Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I am locked out of my email through Outlook. I still have…

I am locked out...

I am locked out of my email through Outlook. I still have access through the Google site on my desktop and my cell phone but my files are all on outlook. I changed my password ***** eliminated suspect sites but I still cannot access. My ISP sends me a message telling me to to a google site but it does not exist.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Outlook account on any other devices?

No.

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Yes. I did all that. I got a number from Google, put it in, changed my PW, and I still have no access through Outlook. Apparently, my ISP has not gotten the message from Google.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing I can think of.

1/16/2018
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

When did this Outlook/Gmail issue first start? Do you know the version of Outlook you are using?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Please do this now:

Close all open Outlook windows.

Next, open up the following link:

myaccount.google.com/lesssecureapps

Sign in to your Gmail account if prompted, and then set the "Allow less secure apps" option to ON.

Done that, re-open Outlook - does it work with your password ***** right now?

Do keep me posted below; thank you.

The connection was broken off before I could get your message. Please resend.

Hi again, please accept my apologies for the delay - I had gone off for the day by the time you replied back to me.

Please do this now:

Close all open Outlook windows.

Next, open up the following link:

myaccount.google.com/lesssecureapps

Done that, re-open Outlook - does it work with your password *****?

Do keep me posted below; thank you.

Alternatively, we can get started with a remote session as requested. Please open up the following website on your computer:

www.fastsupport.com/344940517
Follow the on-screen prompts to download and open/run the GoToAssist file, and click Yes when prompted to allow the remote connection. We will then be connected.

Bryan, Computer Support Specialist