Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

Not my email. I want to remove google maps from my computer.

Not my email. I...

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Gmail

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Desktop

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I use google chrome and have entered "remove google maps" and delete google maps icon and delete google maps

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I tried to find an address yesterday so I logged onto google maps and before I could search I had to download it. I can't find it in my programs to delete it. I DO NOT WANT IT. Thanks for your help.

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/16/2018
Richard, Email Systems Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me please exactly where you are seeing Google Maps?

Please let me know

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
on my desktop as an icon at the top in a row with several other new icons I don't want either
I would prefer instructions and your walking me through the process as I'm a sr. citizen and I really don't like anyone connecting to my computer. OK?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If you can't walk me through, this is a wasted $5.00. If I wanted to pay a tech,. I would have called one. I'm not a happy customer but believe this is how you handle such situations. I'm out of here. Not interested.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am dissatisfied paying for a request to buy something else. Just wasted $5.00. Let's say goodbye now.
Thanks.

You are referring to a service the website offers, which being optional, can be ignored if you do not wish to use it.

If you right click the icon, what options do you see?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I went back to google and right clicked google maps. open in new tab, new window, etc. No option to remove or delete
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
simple instructions please. How do I delete it completely?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Google maps tab just showed up on my computer. I right clicked "close tab" and it appears to be gone. Is that all there is?

Yes that is what was required.

Glad it is now fixed, anything else you need?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are we finished? If so, yes it was worth the $5.00. The google maps showed up on my computer in a tab. I right clicked it and clicked the option to close tab. I did. Is that it?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please reply.

yes we are, and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Done. Good bye
Richard, Email Systems Specialist