Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My problem is with facebook -- I am continually getting an…

Customer Question
My problem is with...

My problem is with facebook -- I am continually getting an email message from B asking me if I logged into FB from somewhere new (I have not) then it says something like: "It looks like someone tried to log into your computer on January 15 at

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

Not usually

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I have had to reset my password ***** time this happens (almost once a day) and this has been going on for about a month

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Can you help me with this type of thing and will you charge me?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Email
1/15/2018
Email technician: RussellA, Information Systems Manager replied 6 months ago
RussellA
RussellA, Information Systems Manager

This usually happens when facebook detects a new network or a new device connecting to your account. Sometimes it is malicious, but most of the time it might be you trying to get in via some app, using FB login, or using a Smart TV set with FB options.

You can improve the security of your Facebook account by getting an alert when someone tries logging in from a device or web browser we don't recognize. These alerts will tell you which device tried logging in and where it's located.

To get alerts about unrecognized logins:

1. Go to your Security and Login Settings by clicking in the top-right corner of Facebook and clicking Settings.
  2. Go to Get alerts about unrecognized logins and click Edit.
  3. Choose where you want to receive your alerts, such as from your email account or with a Facebook notification from a recognized device.
  4. Click Save Changes.

After you start getting alerts about unrecognized logins:

• When you receive a login alert, you can tell us if you recognize the login activity by clicking or tapping This was me.
  • If you don't recognize the login activity, click or tap This wasn't me and we'll help you reset your password ***** secure your account.
  • You can save a device or browser to your list of trusted browsers or recognized devices. This way, you won't get alerts about the computer or mobile device you usually use to log into Facebook. Don't choose this option if you're using a public computer (such as one in a library or cafe).
  • A list of recent devices that have logged into your Facebook account can be found in your Security and Login Settings.

I take pride in providing quick solutions to your issues. If you are satisfied with my answer please mark this as answered, and leave me a rating and feedback. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to open another query directly with me.