Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

When trying to retrieve email, I get a message asking me for…

When trying to retrieve...

When trying to retrieve email, I get a message asking me for the password ***** p06-imap.mail.me.com. I don't recognize this

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

I have a account with Insight, Gmail, and iCloud. The email I'm trying to download is my Insight account

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Usually from my phone but I sometimes use a tablet. I just got a new tablet for Christmas

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

A bit of background first. Originally, I got into this when I received a message saying there was an insufficient balance to withdraw my my iCloud payment (it was 0). I tried downloading my emails to my PC and got the message about the password ***** p06-imap.mail.me.com. I assumed this was related to my iCloud account so I entered that password ***** several times. Didn't work, but I never had trouble with this before so I changed the password. Then I changed the password ***** all my email accounts - still no progress. Then I started doing internet research and found you

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing comes to mind

1/15/2018
IT Miro, Computer Scientist

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you.

I am sorry for the issue. Based on the message you get, it looks like the saved password ***** your iCloud account is not correct, so you are asked to re-type. Before making any changes, I suggest checking if you can sign in to your iCloud account using its web mail interface, available on this link:

Link:

https://www.icloud.com/#mail

Let me know if you could sign in there.

Thanks,

Hello, I had no luck with the password ***** I provided my iCloud password ***** times and still keep getting the messages asking for my password. So I give up. I just removed my iCloud account from Outlook and will deal any issue in the future if I have to restore it. Thanks for trying to help. Patsy

I am still willing to help, so don't give up yet. There is a way to reset the password ***** an iCloud account, and I can assist you with that. Please type your iCloud e-mail address here and I will check for available password ***** options.

Thanks,

IT Miro, Computer Scientist