Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

When I write in Portuguese in Thunderbird People receives…

Customer Question
When I write in...

When I write in Portuguese in Thunderbird People receives text

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Like this: muito agrad�vel. havia muitos p�ssaros

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access your email? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

My email provider is pacbell

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

When I write in Portuguese in Thunderbird message present the following abnormality: muito agrad�vel havia muitos p�ssaros

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I want also to increase the font of the thunderbird page where messages are

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/15/2018
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?
  2. Are you able to type Portuguese in your other programs in your computer like MS Word?
  3. Is this the very first time that you try to type Portuguese in your Thunderbird?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

1- iMac
2-Yes (The problem is that Portuguese like French use accentuation and different signs. I send you a sample of the problem. These letters with sign are NOW transmitted in email messages as a garbled set of signs. This was NOT happening before. It started a few days ago. At the same time the font size in my Thunderbird page opening page changed from Times size large into another FONT of a very small size, difficult for me to read. I consulted Thunderbird HELP and it said I needed an ADD- ON to change the appearance . I could not Find this add-on. I have add-ons toThunderbird to write in Portuguese and French and Dutch which I use with a spell correction. Something has happen recently. I hope this helps.

Thank you for writing back with that information and I am very sorry for the late reply.

Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix the issues while you watch on your screen?

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess

0n January 15/2018 at 9:23 a.m.
Tell me what is you fee for Secure Remote Assistance.

Thank you for writing back and I am sorry for the late reply. I will send the formal offer now for Secure Remote Assistance. If the cost is okay with you, please accept it so that we can start the remote session to fix the problem.

Thanks,

Jess