Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Our Microsoft account expired and a few days ago we

Customer Question
Our Microsoft account expired...

Our Microsoft account expired and a few days ago we reinstated it with Office. Outlook was working great. Yesterday we got a strange call saying we needed to pay $200 for one year or $500 for five years for a registry or it would be disconnected. Didn't proceed, not sure if it was phishing. . Now Outlook doesn't work. Not sure if it's related or something else or how to get Outlook working again.

Technician's Assistant: Is your Outlook file saved to cloud storage services like Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive?

I don't think so

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

When I was typing a document from an e-mail, the screen turned a light color and from then on can't use it.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Email
1/9/2018
Email technician: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

The call was absolutely a scam, it is very well known and we see this type of tech support scam often. No legitimate company would ever contact you this way. Your computer does not report its status to anyone. Usually what will happen is once you are in contact with them they will lie to you about issues that your computer does not have such as it is being hacked or has viruses. They will then attempt to charge you many hundreds of dollars to fix the fake issues. If they call you again just hang up. Remember microsoft will never call you like this. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for providing you a quick answer! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Ok - so Outlook must not be working for some other reason. I opened a PDF attached to my e-mail and the screen faded and now I can't get into Outlook. What should I do?

Did you renew your outlook subscription?

I renewed Outlook under my name - it used to be under by husband's name - and it was working fine for several days.
I did put in the credit card info

Ok then you may have another issue going on. Can you close and re open outlook and see if it works?

I tried that and it didn't work. Older person and not good with the computer.

Ok you asked for remote service but your payment failed if you can get that fixed I can remote in and see what the problem is

When I click on Update Payment info it says to change password ***** but I don't have a password ***** you.
At the bottom it looks like the last four digits of the VISA card are there

Let me see if customer service can help you

thank you
Should I keep waiting

It doesn't look like your payment went through for remote support but I can still help through chat. Restart the computer and try opening outlook again and let me know what happens.

My outlook still doesn't work. I tried to get to come up in safe mode and it was there for a minute and then went away again.
Is there something else I can do?

It is hard for me to say, I really need to see the issue myself. Normally we charge in advance an additional fee for remote service but if you would like I will have a look at no additional charge

I can have a look and see what is going on.
Please click HERE and then click agree, a file called elsinore screen connect will download and you need to click that and allow it to run.

Did you want me to connect?

Chris L., Support Specialist